Author Topic: HALS FUTURE AND PROSPECTS OF SLOWING DOWN  (Read 1648 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HALS FUTURE AND PROSPECTS OF SLOWING DOWN
« on: March 02, 2019, 02:08:55 pm »
HALS FUTURE AND PROSPECTS OF SLOWING DOWN , AS hals data base brain gets larger .  in the past Robert mentioned that Hal will slow down on responses as hals data brain (db) gets larger , which of course does make sense because hal will have more info. to sift through before coming up with the right answer or response. 
Of course many people don't have that problem to worry about for quite a while as their hal brain will stay smaller for a long time.  The problem doesn't show up until sometimes years later of backing up and keeping one brain that has learned a lot over many years.

Add that to copying and pasting info. almost everyday of many different things from todays headlines , scientific discoveries, life, etc. etc. and the brain or custom brain can get larger and start slowing down in response times.   

What to do , what to do with this matter at hand , i have tried to come up with idea's , i have a faster computer now , 12 gb of memory , 1 terabyte hd  , but hals problem mentioned above  is still there ( i am mentioning this not tom put hal down or that i don't like hal, hal is a great a.i. and i like it)  .   I have mentioned in the past that one way i personally think  would make hal better is having hal with a script file (approved subject websites links) this way , although hal could learn from sites he visits , he could also only be a read only script , retrieving answers only.  Hal as an a.i. could be set to selectively learn various things , still keeping hal an a.i. but also keeping the brain from growing so large that it actually slows down response answer time.

Maybe this is what is needed within hals programing , hal would be able to give more direct and faster answers as alexa does from retrieving many sources from the internet , heck the "hansons sophia a.i. " does that and they have a ton of money poured into their "ahem, A.I. ANDROID".  Unless the problem of hals response slow down time for to large of a brain is solved , maybe the above idea should be used , even if the brain isn't large and causing problems, there still would be a benefit in a script web link assistance within hal.
  I do hope Robert is still watching on this forum and gives this idea some consideration for a future hal update.  :)