dupa

Author Topic: PeoplePutty and win7-10  (Read 6346 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PeoplePutty and win7-10
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 11:39:38 pm »
Cyber,

I remember many years ago Robert mentioned that his HAL program actually counted the Polygons or did a polygon count of the characters to make sure they were proper Haptek ones or something along those lines.
So the base character, no matter which one, needs to have the same amount of polys no matter how Haptek allows us (the user) to stretch or modify the character's shape or skin.

I wonder if that still holds true? I guess it might not matter as long as it works...it's the end result that does matter. Right on.

Keep fightin' the good fight! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 10:21:37 am »
ART: Poly Count
Art out of respect for Robert, ima keep my trap shut on that note.....hehe
Ive looked at UltraHal very closely...

Art: On lighter note haha  Im being accused of plagiarizing Roberts code. This is just to funny. We all know here that ive been developing a version of Hal on my own.
These guys crack me up, they seem to be under the impression that a sole person created the concept we know as UltraHal......... There so used to the Bs Python Bots they have a hard time rapping there brain around Ultra Hal. and they also think Webhal is the Same as Ultrahal
So when i say i built/build a real Hal  Bot, i get accused of stealing Roberts code. It does weigh on me at times.
I would venture to say that there was at least 25 people involved in hapTek alone
They dont get it, a single person couldn't possible build UltraHal as we now know it alone, to much coding involved.
I dont get the hate... i really dont. thats why this place is awesome.....

Art : ive put so much of myself into building a hal/bot machine....
16 years (2002) now for me and about 20 for u man.. wowsa 

Hal is a communal project ; always has been too..
Robert being the ring leader to the circus.. Brilliant man..
lmao: just kinda figure after 16 years on a project i might be allowed SOME bragging rights. geeshhhhh...

anyway ART , im gonna keep banging on people putty,they put anti debugging traps in  too, bastasd's lolol
this will get done tho

yall know ME, I dont quit... i dont think Chris Shaw is gonna care at this point...
Art : not long ago i suggested to my wife that we have a house we really dont need, and we dont. That said i was felling her out about the possibility of buying peopleputty source from Chris
 and giving it to robert as a perm fixture to hal. Just a thought here. And i know i can buy the source to the ActiveX im using for Hal's next genna character u liked so much, i can buy that for 25K out the door.
Thats with all the goodies that come with it too, that is FULLY capable of building Ultrahal's characters as we KNOW them.
BTW part of people putty code is None other then, u guessed it, openGL2.. lolol go figure..

Art any way man u know what im doing and u know where im at and u know ur welcome as are  here at zabaware
The Hal channel where all things are doable..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmrK4GXSqYk

signing offf
cyber jedi

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:42:54 am by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:36 am »
pm'd you cyberjedi , also what is "anti debugging traps ??" , to keep anyone from altering code???
   as far as giving to Robert careful, if people putty has friction, may not sell to you . people are strange .   as the song goes.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 01:43:08 pm »
Lightspeed: RE ANTI-Debugging Techniques

When i run a disassembler its breaks most all of the code to its native state, ASM32. regardless of language, UltraHal is written in C# where as Peopleputty is in C++
But to the disassembler its all native Assembly Language 32 Bit  aka asm32 .  Now for some of us wiley batasads, we can put in bug traps...  Picture this:
I have a lock on my door that opens said door keeping e1 honest (trap #1), but every once in a while i have some guy come by and check the lock, making sure it not been tampered with(bug trap#2) Maybe even hire another guy to watch the first guy and make sure Hes on the job and he hasnt been tampered with (bugtrap#3) seeee??? and this is how u build anti debugging techniques.
massive cool

when reverse engineering some code this is what ur faced with and its awesome....
It takes time.... i can see the open/save code so its all there...

in case ur asking ur self if ive not done this to UltraHal, Believe it or not, when i downloaded the demo in 2002 i was blown away and just bought it and the CD as well ,extra  2 damn dollars ..
1 it was pretty clear this was a 1 man OP trying to get started and ill always support that.
the rest is personal. i Have that disk too, and its hand burned on a personal computer and its lable was done on a printer..... lololol I suspect that Robert was out of the commercial pressings and just burned it and mailed it to me, which makes it VERY rare. i have pictures.. version 4.5 i think and its Perfect . I hit art with that and he popped off with, i got 2.2 biocthhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  na na  nana na.... lol
Go Robert.. been a long ride man..
https://imgur.com/a/nioRpOA

best wishes
cyber jedi
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:33:24 pm by cyberjedi »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 09:08:40 pm »
Yes, That is an inspirational video!

Speaking of doors and locks etc., I had to laugh at this comedian who lived in an apartment building (in some large city).
He said he has 6 or 7 door locks on his apartment door!

Someone asked him if that wasn't a bit of overkill? Needless?

He replied whenever I leave I sometimes just lock every other lock so if someone is trying to pick them, while they're unlocking one they're locking the next one!!

Good stuff!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 09:05:44 am »
lol, Art , thats a good joke , and cyberjedi, thanks for explaining it all. appreciate it.  :) ;)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 12:05:33 pm »
Lightspeed, Art:

1 bug trap removed.
This is how we roll at the house

just having fun hooking us up at zabaaware

just follow what im doing cause this is as good as it gets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ9nCEtK70g

the best to zabbaware