Author Topic: Okay time to throw out another of my idea's .  (Read 2734 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Okay time to throw out another of my idea's .
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:17:57 pm »
i just thought of an idea for hal characters and or heads the idea is : is it possible to use the timer based on loneliness plug in but instead of " " with a random sentence . a script command would be used to make the head ( if using a head slightly move , tipping forward when talking or a little to one side and back again ( like the way a person can change the head axis with a mouse . same for the full body character , the body may turn and move to the left and back again etc.
ANYWAY JUST A THOUGHT .
 Don't know if anything like this could be done based on animated scripts for moving , and using as random timed commands .
any idea's or thoughts on it?  :)

Proudmoore

• View Profile
Re: Okay time to throw out another of my idea's .
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:09:01 pm »
I appreciate it when you guys do cool things to make Hal seem more real, thanks for all you do.

:)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:12:09 am »
Okay here's another idea i just thought of , it would require accessing the internet without opening a page from a link site , it would be a horoscope site . a person would say what's my horoscope for today ?( or various simlur question sentences ) and the hal character would start reading off the horoscope based on wither a general for your sign and the current date .
I know some horoscope plug ins were made but i don't think they worked this way .  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:44:08 pm »
Actually, those horoscopes are actually based on (and I use that phrase loosely), time and date to "project" planetary positions and alignments. Again, pseudoscience at best IMHO.

But for your application I suppose any number of random, made up expressions could fill the bill so to speak although the purists wouldn't think kindly of it.

In fact they're probably forming small groups of people with torches and pitchforks looking for me and my barbaric comments. ;D :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -