dupa

Author Topic: Zabaware Hal and Home Automated Living Hal  (Read 7398 times)

jbig808

• View Profile
Zabaware Hal and Home Automated Living Hal
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »
Just curious on the differences and if there is a way to get the X10 modules and out old reliable Zaba Hal to do the same thing?  I.e. shut the garage door, turn the living room fan down to 50%, etc, etc.
It seems all it is is voice recognition with the x10 modules.  Nothing fancy like yours truly Asiistant HAL.  ANy thoughts?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:30:34 am »
It has been done and quite successfully in the past. Click on the search located in the upper right hand of this page.
 Bill

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:26:29 am »
you need to download the relevent ActixeX control for your X10 protocol.

i had downloaded one before ...

after referencing it in the halscript

you can the assign commands to it...

X10.ON a4     <<< x10 = name assigned in the script usually has two parameters on/off and then the ROOM = a-z then the appliance = 1=10

they are usually very simple to ADD i used home seer sucessfully

jbig808

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:34:49 pm »
I think I am going to give it a go soon but going with zwave instead of x10.  Thanks guys.

Sigma X

• View Profile
Re: Zabaware Hal and Home Automated Living Hal
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:13 pm »
I'm still kinda curious on how this is done can someone show a example also could this be interfaced in a car
humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that's is my goal and ultimate wish

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:50:11 am »
As you heard, We have done this in the past With some problems learned, First of all you need a hardware device such as a FireCracker Computer Interface, You can purchase one from Here http://www.x10.com/automation/firecracker.htm For only $39.99
Here is a software for that interface after you will need after purchasing ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/firecracker/ck18a.exe
The interface sends commands to the link module, which translates the wireless signal into an X10 signal.
Interfacing Hal would being the next up in creating voice commands for ultra Hal, What I use for voice commands is a software I use called E speaking,
Which is Great for controlling lights off and on,  stereos,  T V's, Opening trunk, Starting up your car to warm it up in the winter,  the only thing that is required windows like a laptop for testers, desktops for novelist, or in -car computers running windows.
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:06:09 pm »
The above suggestions are quite good but I would also recommend buying a blue tooth earpiece for hands off taling to Hal. It also would be a good thing if you made your car as sound proof as possible so the bckground noise would not interfere with the operation of Hal. I discovered years ago while trying to train Hal to recognise my voice commands that even the hiss of my air conditioner caused some problems with Hal understanding whatever I had spoken. An ideal situtation was brought up years ago and was to find Palm computer with enought memory to hold and run Hal. That way it would be really portable. Whatever you attempt to do I wish you the bestof luck and please do keep us all informed with any success' you may have in your quest as most of us would like to learn from your experiences.
Bill