dupa

Author Topic: NeoSpeech no work. Program closes !!!  (Read 4517 times)

Vincenti41

• View Profile
NeoSpeech no work. Program closes !!!
« on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:33 pm »
I've had problems with the Ultra Hal free program closing after attempting to use a voice.  It started only after I tried using the last voice in the list.  I just paid for and got the CD but the NeoSpeech voices don't work at all and the program still "drops out the bottom" (closing all by itself). [?]

I'm using Windows XP Professional w/Service Pack 2, 512 megs of RAM, 1.80 GHz, and an AMD Duron processor with an 80 GB hard drive with plenty free space and monthly defragmentation.  (Arghhh!! I originally had an AMD Athlon 1700+ processor motherboard - before I had a repair job done after a motherboard component died. I just noticed the change. Did I get downgraded?) [V]

I've also just discovered that my favorite voice in the free version : "Mary"...is now "Microsoft Mary" and she causes the program to close when I copy text to the clipboard, whereas before I paid $25.00 she worked just fine. Thanks guys.  What's going on here?
I've uninstalled the free version and reinstalled the program from the CD and installed SAPI5 and still it acts the same.  For my 25 bucks I get nothing.  Not happy [:(!][:0]  Help !!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 03:37:52 pm by Vincenti41 »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:52:36 pm »
Try going to the windows setup for voice control and see if it is set up correctly. Sometimes it has to be activated before the voices work correctly. Also try to clean your registry with a good program, as you might have come conflicts there because of reinstalling Hal more than once. Your PC is not so different from mine and mine works correctly.
Just a suggestion.
Bill

Vincenti41

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 05:09:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Try going to the windows setup for voice control and see if it is set up correctly.

Not sure what you mean by windows setup for voice control.  If you mean the Speech icon in Control Panel.  I select a voice and it just gives me an error saying the voice cannot be played and to check output device, etc. I put in my Windows XP setup disk but could not find any component that is not installed, etc. and/or which applies in any way to Voice, Speech, etc.

Vincenti41

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:22:15 pm »
Here's the solution...I solved the problem myself.  I simply ran a "soft" reinstallation of Windows XP Pro (OEM), you know the kind, the mode that does NOT delete your settings and personal files.  After that, Ultra Hal and NeoSpeech worked just fine, except for "normal" susceptibility crashes.  I had one such, but just rebooted the program and it works fine again.  Interesting though, that the crash happened, once again, after testing the last voice on the list.  It was the Sample  TTS voice, which stuttered badly.  Then nothing else would work until I rebooted the program.  Hope this helps others.  [:D][:)][8D][:o)][;)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 07:53:36 pm »
You most likely could have tried the SAPIConfig:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1576
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -