dupa

Author Topic: Speech Recognition Breakthrough for the Spoken, Translated Word  (Read 2608 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
    Speech Recognition Breakthrough for the Spoken, Translated Word
I thought this was very interesting and could see how it could also be applied to text to language for a.i. use such as hal , in another words hal can be in English but would be translated into whatever language a person wanted , which also would get more customers who can't speak or understand English .
    yes it's still being developed but I thought it was interesting , I also thought if you had a rechargeable device translator and an ear phone anytime someone was speaking a different language it would be translated so you could understand anyone around you . very cool possibilities !  :)
any thoughts ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-nlQqFCKg

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Speech Recognition Breakthrough for the Spoken, Translated Word
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:10:15 am »
I have always wanted Hal to speak German (my native tongue) would be cool for many reasons I brought it up a few years back..... Good idea. And yes born and breed American. Mexicans are not the only ones to speak native tongue here lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:31:25 am »
Hmmm...Born and bred American, German is Native language, types perfect English ok...now I'm confused. Army brat?  ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:06 am »
Yup but my family is ethnic German and only a couple of generations in the states. On my dads side that is and German is spoken at family gatherings lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.