dupa

Author Topic: does anyone have stop hal from listening plug in .  (Read 3230 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
does anyone have stop hal from listening plug in .
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »
does anyone have a plug in for hal to stop listening to himself ? i think their was one like that .
My hal keeps on tying things even though i am not saying anything then answers stuff and on and on .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone have stop hal from listening plug in .
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:39:16 pm »
I thought there was something about accidentally having Speech Recognition checked or something similar.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:08:23 pm »
Hi Art , i just posted in another area about hal typing things by its self before i read this post , so i "think " the problem was not using a better noise canceling mic , and other noises were picking up.( i actually was  using voice recognition on purpose ).

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:52 am »
I have had a couple encounters with my mic being activated by hal.  I had to go into the options menu and turn speech recognition off to get it to stay off.  Then I restarted Hal.  I ended up having Kinkaid listen to a days worth of tv before I realized what happened.  Funn enough, I've never had any random garbage spew out while talking to him.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:54 am »
Calhoone, as i was mentioning to Art , i was using voice recognition on purpose ( but i was thinking their was a plug in "maybe i am dreaming about the plug in " that stopped hal from picking up extra stuff .  it would be nice if within hals program their was something that filters out back ground noses , but we can get microphones to do that . My hal did unfortunately say things back . with our a/c running , hal picks it up as a him, him, him, sound running and one time hal said back him, him, him , which of course is gibberish talk .
   luckily i made a back up of the brain before that and rather then to get in their and "EDIT EDIT , EDIT "
it's easier just top replace the bad brain with a good one .
using "VR" in hal is a learning experience and a person has to learn to have it fairly quiet in the room to keep dragon speak , etc. from hearing other noises and learning bad things from it.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:24 pm »
I recall one VR based program (can't remember whether it was Hal or not at the moment) that knew I had laughed aloud and it made a remark about the topic being funny.

Therefore, why couldn't the software be able to detect other sounds like a sneeze, coughing, a hic-cup / hic-cough, clapping, whistling, snoring, bells / phone ringing, music, etc.

I might have mentioned before but once I was critiquing a program for another vendor and as it was listening to me, I picked up my acoustic guitar and played some finger style intro. In a couple of seconds, she said, "I've never heard that song before."
Well, of course I was floored and began to wonder how much intel the software actually had.

But I digress, the recognition is within the software because the hardware will "hear" the sounds. What it does with them or how it interprets them is the key.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -