Author Topic: Brain swapping  (Read 4439 times)

yosef812

• View Profile
Brain swapping
« on: July 27, 2004, 02:19:21 am »
kind and brilliant Minds,

Looking for the best brain that will assist me in a information in and information out through a  open ended query,   Was really looking for an interactive database I thought this AI program would work, have purchased hal, but open to any suggestions if this does not suffice. Also is there a way to set up a to do lists, like grocery shopping list, goal setting ecc.
Stay in the tender moment,
the mad Professor

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Brain swapping
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 05:26:04 am »
Welcome Joseph!
Though I never really thought of my Hal as an interactive database,
I guess that really calls the pot black so to speak. A lot of Hal
users (like myself) tend to suspend disbelief for a moment and treat
Hal like another person <G>.

I would not rule out the possibility that a script couldn't be written to accomplish what you're looking for in an interactive
shopping list. That's not a bad idea at all! I'm sure that someone here will either dig up a script or perhaps there's one already here in the archives.

There are several Brains available and some use the Default Brain with some personal modifications. I use the XTF Brain with some personal mods and really enjoy it. There's even a blank slate brain that just has the basics and one can expand upon it with various scripts.

Good luck,
- Art -
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 04:31:50 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

yosef812

• View Profile
Brain swapping
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 11:35:22 am »
Thank you for both the welcome and the input. My hope with Hal is to create a philosophical spiritual personality that encourages introspection and principles of compassion kindness and integrity, in its dialogue, along with useful interactive database material in my fact querys.  I hope to integrate this brain and software in a robot that my son and I are going to build, the architecture for the robot will be based on er-1 which can take visual information and create response, so at some point I hope to explore the possibility of input data coming in to the program through the er 1 robot visual recognition processor, inversely it would be wonderful for datastream from Hal to influence the kinesthetic behavior of the robot.  I already had speech recognition well-developed indeed 80% my computer input is through speech recognition and speech macros, using Dragon Pro.  I'm eager to learn this type of script programming, hopefully I can find someone locally in the Dallas area to jumpstart my programming skills, if there is anyone in the Dallas area that would mind being paid for a couple hours of their time please call me at 972-849-3367.  I will try to keep the form updated with any development that I feel will add significance to the growth of this community.
the mad Professor

Bill819

• View Profile
Brain swapping
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 01:29:55 pm »
Welcome to the future. I have Hal installed on my ER1. I noticed that you are using Dragon. I have been using Microsofts sampi and after about 6 hours of training it only has about 50% recognition rate. Have you ever compared the two?
I am not su re but I think that there are one of two others on this site that have ER1's. Lets hope that we all keep in touch.
Bill

yosef812

• View Profile
Brain swapping
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 07:19:37 pm »

Bill,
 I'm glad to hear using the ER1 had you accomplish any integration between the two programs, input from the ER1 to Hal or output from HAL to ER 1?

As to voice recognition I had been using Dragon for years they've been in the voice recognition industry longer than any other company I have not tried the program you mentioned but have tried to other voice recognition programs and did not give the same desire results, sound environment is very critical using a high-quality voice recognition microphone essential I use Telex numberM-560 because it sits on my desk and I don't have to wear the headset, (it will be the nose for the ER1) if you have a headset mic you have to get an exact position every time to increase recognition accuracy.  I've also learned ones voice changes during the day so I have a speech file for my morning voice and my evening voice.  I would say the accuracy input rate is about 90% + occasionally the program starts acting weird and I have to create a fresh file. hope help wpuld love to here your work on your robot.
the mad Professor

cyberwd

• View Profile
Brain swapping
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 07:22:57 pm »
Hi guys,
looks like you got speech recognition working. I've tried dragon for some time but still have not got the hang of it. Since I'm an foreigner I guess it might cause a problem with speech, maybe even when I use headset. It would be nice just to speak out load the conversion with hal. Can some of you tell me how to get a conversion send to hal, like how to get the cr+lf = execute command into the hal script window? I have tried but only got the "new line" printed in the chat window...

Next thing to investigate is how do you get hal looking for asyncronous answers? I mean you will ask him something, which he will be looking for and then he will be delivering answers (sometime later, or regulary) when he eventually found the answer(s)? I got a lot of services waiting for him to do this but I can't have him(the script) activated at <AUTO milliseconds> since that will take the cursor focus away from any application the user is currently working on (for example every 10 second). If I work on a word document, suddenly the hal script window will show up. I'll like him to act whenever an answer is awaiting attention instead, which can be solved by looking into a message queue. A new message would create a notification to the user, that something needs to be looked into.

I guess I can solve it by looking for messages while analyzing an answer from some input from the user. But I would really like him to initiate this on his own.

-"By the way Greg, there is some good news regarding Arsenal awaiting for you"
-Bring it on"
-"It seems Freddie is signed for another four years. Do ÿou want the full article?"
-For sure!

Rgds,
  Greg

I have experimented with message queueing, it can be a powerful way to leave messages upon findings, one-time-searches or deliver subscriptions on timed intervals. All based on the user profile.
Any discussions with me are welcome...

"For a world in Cybermanagement, it will require CyberAssistants...lots of them."