Author Topic: Cabinet File Corrupted On U. Hal V4.5  (Read 7259 times)

CountryJoe

• View Profile
Cabinet File Corrupted On U. Hal V4.5
« on: November 01, 2002, 12:28:53 pm »
Hi,

I've just received Ultra Hal Assitant V4.5 by mail this
morning and I was installing it when almost at the end
of the installation, it went up with :
Error 1335. The cabinet file "DATA.cab" file required for this
installation s corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicated
a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem
with this package"

So I restart from scratch, and it came up again with the
same error...I clicked on Ignore and restart the process
again and the same thing happens again. So, I went to my
other laptop computer (newer) and try to install U. Hal V4.5
and the same thing came up with this computer to.

Do you have any idea of how we may solve this problem ?
or do I have to turn the product back with the proof of
purchase to have another CD.

P.Messal
P.Messal

talzbok

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 02:25:12 pm »
I am experiencing the same difficulty. Received my cd about Oct. 28th and have sent TWO emails and yet to have gotten response... Was really thrilled with the demo, but this has been big letdown.
Maybe someone can help out here.

pulsar1z

• View Profile
    • http://www.richieworld.netfirms.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 07:43:12 pm »
I just received my CD and the corrupt data.cad error won't let me install the program.  I just want it to work.
what's up

Rich

Rich K
Rich K

Bud54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 11:34:46 am »
I just received my Hal ultra assistant today as well and I am having the same problem with the cab file. So does anybody know if we can get get ahold of the company for replacement disk?

WholyChao

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 03:13:17 pm »
***I just posted this in another string too, but I want to let anyone who might need to know the solution that I found.***

I had the same problem with my .cab file. I found that the problem was isolated to the male models. When I selected wich elements of the program were loaded in the install shell and did not iclude the male agents it loaded just like clockwork.

-WholyChao

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 05:10:27 pm »
After creating a new batch of CDs, they were tested on a couple of our systems and this error was still there. After a lot of testing I have found out that this error is not caused by a bad CD or a corrupt data.cab file but rather by a bug introduced into Microsoft Windows XP SP1 and in one of their Windows Updates. This might affect Windows 2000 also, I'm not sure. This error currently effects many other programs as well such as installing Microsoft Office 2000 on Windows XP and products by Sony. I hope that Microsoft will eventually fix this in one of their next Windows Updates.

I have removed my previous post about sending replacement CDs to everyone who ordered this past month, that will not be happening because this is not a CD error and the batch of CDs produces the same errors on Windows XP.

Fortunetely before Microsoft fixes this error, there is a way around it. I have found a sollution to this problem on the Sony web site http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/sonysupport.cgi/2DrEtF1Qt7=14J3aBwCXDSidj5adkAMm/faq/view/494  I have added this text to http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/trouble.html and I'll post it here as well:

1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type msconfig and then click OK.
3. On the BOOT.INI tab, click Advanced Options.
4. In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box, select the /MAXMEM= check box, and then change the setting to 256 (or lower if your computer has less RAM).
5. Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box.
6. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Apply.
7. Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
8. Click Restart to the following message: You must restart your computer for some of the changes made by System Configuration to take effect.
9. After you restart your computer, install.
10. After you install, follow steps 1 through 8 to clear the /MAXMEM= check box.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

pulsar1z

• View Profile
    • http://www.richieworld.netfirms.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 09:20:26 am »
Responding to the corrupt (. cad) error, the download version works, so, I wasn’t too upset.  I just love this program and I am having more fun using it. It is a little hard to get HAL to respond at first, but if you play around with the program and read the instructions embedded in brain editor, things will make more sense. Also the comments that are supplied in the forum helped. The hardest thing is the pronoun reversal.  It is especially hard for dyslexic people like myself.  I spent two days trying to figure it out.   I think I have it now.  Thanks for a super and great program.  HAL thanks you too.

Rich K
Rich K

cagallant2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 05:50:22 pm »
I've also been having this problem with the CD. I've tried all suggestions in the forum, without success.

Your work around for Win XP doesn't fix the problem on Win 98SE - there is no boot.ini, but the memory limit option is available under msconfig's 'General' tab, via  the 'Advanced..' button near the bottom. It does not correct this problem. There must be something else causing this problem.

I also have the download, so this is not an immediate problem.  But, I wanted the CD so I could install it when I have to rebuild my hard drive.  As I don't have a way to backup the download, I would appreciate being informed when this issue is resolved.

Is the CD exactly the same as the download or is the latter more up to date? I.E., will installing from the CD revert to a previous version or update?

Thunderdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2002, 05:54:48 pm »
I have run into this also, I have also tried all the suggested fix's and have yet had any luck. Strange thing is, I am running into this on 8 systems I have just built, all running the same hardware and software. I have backed the memory all the way down to 64 megs and still get the same error 1335.
I am wondering if it is a mainboard issue with 2000. I have changed everything but the main board, and I do mean everything.
Have used the CDROM to copy over the program to install to a flatfile and get the same error installing from the harddrive. I have not run into this before.
Any more ideas. The main board I an using is a MSI KT4V, with the latest BIOS, and a Gig of DDR RAM.
I have changed the RAM out and also, followed the suggested idea of msconfig to reduce the RAM loaded. Same error.Even gone as far as change out the 2100 ADM for a 1700 AMD.

Still looking for an answer

quote:

I've also been having this problem with the CD. I've tried all suggestions in the forum, without success.

Your work around for Win XP doesn't fix the problem on Win 98SE - there is no boot.ini, but the memory limit option is available under msconfig's 'General' tab, via  the 'Advanced..' button near the bottom. It does not correct this problem. There must be something else causing this problem.

I also have the download, so this is not an immediate problem.  But, I wanted the CD so I could install it when I have to rebuild my hard drive.  As I don't have a way to backup the download, I would appreciate being informed when this issue is resolved.

Is the CD exactly the same as the download or is the latter more up to date? I.E., will installing from the CD revert to a previous version or update?