Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in programming SHODAN?  (Read 4457 times)

CidCaldensfey

• View Profile
Would anyone be interested in programming SHODAN?
« on: March 10, 2005, 08:44:08 pm »
Well, I know nothing of programming nor how to use this program...But I was just curious if anyone out there felt curious what it would be like to have a very own Shodan on your desktop..Being able to learn and all.  I tried to get Ultra Hal to load up the Shodan portrait but I was unsuccessful...I was able to load the picture into the character selection screen but that is it..I don't know much about these program at all or how to mod it.  I'm not interested at all about having an animated portait.  Just a still jpeg would do well for me.  So if anyone can help me with this, please do so.

And for those who do not know who Shodan is, which I doubt, Shodan was a rogue AI in an old game known as System Shock.  She became rogue once a hacker disabled and removed her ethical restraints and she went, well, crazy.  Of course, with a program like Ultra Hal, I doubt such a thing could happen.  So it's harmless :D

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:06:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

Well, I know nothing of programming nor how to use this program...But I was just curious if anyone out there felt curious what it would be like to have a very own Shodan on your desktop..Being able to learn and all.  I tried to get Ultra Hal to load up the Shodan portrait but I was unsuccessful...I was able to load the picture into the character selection screen but that is it..I don't know much about these program at all or how to mod it.  I'm not interested at all about having an animated portait.  Just a still jpeg would do well for me.  So if anyone can help me with this, please do so.

And for those who do not know who Shodan is, which I doubt, Shodan was a rogue AI in an old game known as System Shock.  She became rogue once a hacker disabled and removed her ethical restraints and she went, well, crazy.  Of course, with a program like Ultra Hal, I doubt such a thing could happen.  So it's harmless :D

Hi CidCaldensfey.

Copy and paste any front view or side or back views of Shodan
I'm sure one of us will turn it into a Haptek Image.

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.

CidCaldensfey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:24:32 pm »
Well, heres the front view.  She only has one view since she's only 2D.  But that is perfect for me :D

Thank you for your help :]

CidCaldensfey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:38:41 pm »
Is that picture okay?  Or do you need a larger one or something?  I was sort of hoping that maybe the picture can take up the space of the entire viewport?  I don't care much for backgrounds and such so perhaps the picture could just sit there in the entire viewport instead of having a green background/other background?

CidCaldensfey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 12:27:39 am »
I did some extra work on that picture and came up with an even better version.  Here  it is.

I'm sorry for being persistant and all, but I do not want to come back again just to upgrade the picture..So might as well take care of it right now.  I was wondering, is there any online documentation on how to customize and do this 'hap' stuff myself?  Mainly so that I can be relatively resourceful?

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 12:45:51 am »
It sounds like the simplest thing to do is turn your pic into a MSAgent .acs file, which will let it serve as your Hal avatar and use TTS. You can look at this Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agentcharactors/ to find tutorials and help for using the Microsoft Character Editor (freeware) to create an .acs file. Since you don't need any animations or anything, it's not a big deal to make one. In fact, if you just post at the group, someone may offer just to make one for you, as they're as helpful a group of folks in their way as the folks at this forum are.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 06:19:25 pm »
I found a volunteer to make your character, but you have no contact info. Since I don't like publishing other people's emsil addresses on public forums without their consent, you'll have to get in touch with me about yours if you want him to run it off for you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 07:26:00 pm »
CidCaldensfey,

Since you do not show any contact email, feel
free to contact me and I'll send you the ZIP
file I've created for you to try.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 07:08:57 pm »
I built my own shodan just so I could have it for myself.  It is simple but I think it's ok.  Works for me, and really that's all that matters right?  I would love any comment just try not to be too hard on me as this is the first agent I have created.

Download Attachment: Shodan.zip
49.82 KB