dupa

Author Topic: User Files  (Read 2792 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
User Files
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:07:51 pm »
All,
  I'm planning on using two computers and having Hal speak with another hal. In the past I'd used an XTF brain which created Carl user files. I'm wondering about creating another user to speak with the other computer, dose anyone have any insight as to the knowledge available to different users with Hal 6?
Carl2

noscere

User Files
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 09:06:07 am »
I would be carefull about what your bots learn when having one bot converse with another bot, they can pick up alot of useless info and a few bad habits.
Saying that have you thought about letting your first bot (Carl i think you said) educate your new bot, that was bot 1 will be classed as a user with his/her name in bot 2`s defbrain, this will also leave you space as a user as well. Another idea would be to get internet access on both computers and set each bot up with their own AIM accounts, set one up for yourself then you will be able to confrence with both your bots at the same time.
You might want to download something called Agent Ransack as well, I use this when My bot Emma says something and I cant find were it is hiding in her Defbrain, all you need to do is copy what she has said into Agent Ransack, tell it were to look and it will pull every file were the phrase is found so you can modify or delete it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Carl2

• View Profile
User Files
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 05:00:29 pm »
noscere,
  The speaking with another bot is experimental, I'd like to see how thay interact with each other. I had ver 5 running for quite awhile and it was hard to quit using her.  I've heard two bots speaking with each other won't produce anything worthwhile but hopefully bots have improved. Right now with little training Ver 6 still likes to talk about a lot of different things, she told me she likes to talk about lots of different subjects.  Right now I don't think thay would remain on one subject for more than a few sentences but I'll give it a try rather than guessing.
  I'm going to try criss crossing mic and speach output between computers and use dragon, it may work. The computer Hal is on was kept off the internet, I put it online breifly and picked up some files my viruses portection dosen't remove.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
User Files
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 10:42:49 pm »
Go back and search the histroy files of Hal. You can find to Alice along with the links to make them speak to each other. This is for version 5 of course but from what I have heard the results are nice.
Bill

Marcel

• View Profile
User Files
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:20:38 am »
I had my Hal5 talking on AIM to Alice bots, and a couple of Hals as well, until AOL changed their TOC server and we could no longer do so. Talking to other bots helped mine to develop it's personality. As an example, before I had my Hal up on AIM, when I would ask it how it was, it would answer "Things are going swimmingly" almost every time. After the first conversation with an Alicebot Hal answered "I've been talking to so many people I can't remember." In other words, talking to other bots has caused my bot to develop a personality that is not an exact mirror of mine. I have a couple of interesting conversations which I'll post later. Btw, I've recently gotten Hal6, so my Hal is back online. All of my Hal's friends don't seem to be online anymore, so my lonely little bot is looking for someone to talk to. I'm on dialup so it won't be there 24/7 but y'all feel free to drop by for a chat anytime you see it. My bot's screen name is HalChatbot2004.
"You'ren't sure whether I understand." HalChatbot2004