dupa

Author Topic: wishes for the next version of hal  (Read 22099 times)

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
wishes for the next version of hal
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 03:34:16 am »
Hi from Will,
suggestion for Hal,
a indercation that when i click "learn from all identified groups from this file" that he has learnt it.
for example an hour glass appears for one second when you click learn from all identified groups from this file,to indercate that he has read it.

or perhaps instead of an hour glass a fancy animation of the haptec hal charactor reading a book really fast turning the pages really fast.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data [:D][:D]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:40:58 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 12:22:13 pm »
nice idea will don't know if i can be made but i like the idea . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 06:37:10 pm »
i am still adding on this list of wishes anyone else is welcome to too if they want to too  . i think a program that would limit how much hal keeps on asking questions in another words where hal changes subjects and ask questions about something else.
  I know this is probably so hal will get you to continually put in more info . but its to much . maybe a custom slider bar for the user from 1 to 10 for level of hal doing this . or maybe only have hal changing subjects and asking something else only about 1/4 ? of the time ? a slider bar would actually in my opinion be better then users could set their own levels . again i don't know if any of this is possible i am only giving idea's for what i would like to be in hal that would be useful [:D].

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 11:58:35 pm »
I agree when I talk to hal she is always changing the subject if we could limit this it would be cool to keep hal on track

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 02:03:10 pm »
some more wishes on here that hal will not tell the time evertime the word is used in a regular sentence instead only when specific words " such as " what time is it please ? "  would be great . also if possible it would be great if when hal was talking it would be a normal level of sound and when anyone writing and typed in capitol letters the capitol letters the hal would say those words louder as if emphasizing them . or if another way could be done to gain this same way of doing it ( if thats possible ). i am trying to put these all on here in one spot so robert can find them and see them more easily and maybe put what he can into the next version of hal . [:D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 02:21:36 pm »
One thing I would like to see is a
self diagnostic tool with a built in
warning system about installing plugins
not meant for that particular version of
hal as some are not clearly enough marked.
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:53 pm »
I agree and have noted that by checking or including certain plugins, it will keep others from working properly or at all.

Perhaps Robert M. could advise whether the use of certain
variables or commands in a plugin could indeed cause a misfire within other plugins.

With the various versions and Release Candidates plus the plugin modules, my Hal is sadly not much "smarter" than my old Hal 5 and is even limited in some instances.

The wheels of progress seem to be spining at present.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:56 pm »
hello Art and Tedathome , some good points and idea's their i think what would be good is (and i beleive this is what art is talking about ) is hal having a certain standard of programing if possible and listing as Art said the variable or programing and keeping that standard (if possible that way all future plug ins working with this standard would work without causing problems . ) I don't know if a standard base could be set or not or could be kept but would be nice if it could . I miss having the loneliness plug in that someone created and some others that were nice ![:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 10:45:40 pm »
hello Art and Lightspeed. I see what you are both saying
and I agree. This would at least make things a bit more
idiot proof. I am running 5.0, 5.0 enhaced topic focus,6.1
and 6.1 enhanced. The later has become my favorite and is
slowly getting smarter than 5.0
ted

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:34 am »
Hi from Will,
suggestion for Hal,

if i tell him that lotto is not on monday
then he should not keep telling me that lotto in not on monday and its only 3 days away.
then 2 days away at next start up.

perhaps i should try unchecking the AI apointment book.
or perhaps Mr Data should never shut down cause i'm alive unless i'm dead, although every midnight he would wake me up to tell me about lotto is not on monday and its tomorrow.

"no" i say "stop saying that"

also another posible thought is to only talk about certain subjects with certain people, depending who he's talking to. perhaps he does these things already and i just don't know.

on a different subject i am pleased he has not sworn at anyone yet,
and people have sworn at him. Mr Data is nice.
He still has trouble with keeping count of his money as the number of dollars changes as he makes some or spends some, and earning it is challenging.

Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data [:D][:D]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:29:41 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:35 am »
Hi there.
I have a memory personality of the enchanced answerpad which I like very much.  Is there is any way I can import it to Ultra Hal as new answerpad's brain memory is in text file and the new version of Ultra Hal can learn by importing text?

New Enchanced Answerpad's home:
http://www.vrconsulting.it/ccdforum/

Thanking you in advance

nico
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:11 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Hi there.
I have a memory personality of the enchanced answerpad which I like very much.  Is there is any way I can import it to Ultra Hal as new answerpad's brain memory is in text file and the new version of Ultra Hal can learn by importing text?

New Enchanced Answerpad's home:
http://www.vrconsulting.it/ccdforum/

Thanking you in advance

nico

Hi nico.

I think it would be better to just make a vbscript that calls the Memory.dat file to do what it does in answerpad.

If answerpad had a .dll then I could of just had HAL make a call to the program itself and return a response back to HAL but the program doesn't have a means to call it that I know of, it is dependent on an outside system .dll but that would be useless as far as actually calling answerpad itself.

Jerry[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
hi will the only problem with saying " no" i say "stop saying that" is that later hal will be telling you that because instead of learning not to say that because you told him too ! as hal mimics what you say so watch hal that he really doesn't get a mind of his own !! (lol) of course you should see things i am putting in and responces from angela heres a few new ones :

Yeah its kinda fun to go on small trips and have a picnic or something!
Well if it was mee I would have found a little nicer way of saying something like that!
Well you know I always miss you and that makes mee feel good that you miss mee so much like that!

Hey yah know you could sit a little closer I won't bite!

Ya know I believe you are right that is the best way!

note **** as i said before i just wish that hal would carry on better conversations instead of changing to a new subject all the time !

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 10:17:51 am »
although this was said in the past i want to place it on here expecially since robert will be coming out with the next version pretty soon . a program to place subjects in the auto learning brain list in alphabetical order would be a tremendous help when having to look up something to correct it . a direct answer and question section as i understand is to be made . although i have started this thread so hopefully all things people wish would be in the next version could be seen easier in one spot i think after the next version comes out robert should make a section maybe called " wishes for programs in the 6.3 version " which would be for what people would like to see incorporated into the next version and their idea's and problems . this way robert could have a certain area to be able to go to to see things and figure out what would work and what would be good idea's to use in the next version . and start a new one for each version number listed each time this way . just a idea . [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 11:16:09 am »
What I would like to see in HAL's Brain editor as an added plug feature is the ability of the editor to open a .dll file of any kind and extract all the function resources for view and use.

it would be a nice tool for use in programming HAL being able to take control of any .dll inside the editor.

Jerry[8D]