dupa

Author Topic: LIGHTSPEEDS FAUXE VISION LS50 PLUG IN  (Read 12080 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
LIGHTSPEEDS FAUXE VISION LS50 PLUG IN
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:26 pm »
Hi fellow hal a.i. people,
    As some seen i posted the Lightspeed Christmas plug in , well i have also been working on another plug in called FAUXE VISION ls50, what it does is it has scripting to make hal randomly pick one of 50 sentences that make it sound like your hal character is actually seeing you or something from the way i have worded it .
I will be posting it here soon , i am still testing it but it looks promising.
I made this since we have no real halvision yet that works for everyone , this way it will at least give the illusion that hal is seeing something , again to add to hals realism !
i have it set with a trigger word , i had one word in testing but it was to comon so i am using a little less used word in testing right now (and had to get past some errors where i had messed up scripting earlier) .
Anyway that's what's on the horizon for other users on here . I may just share the file through my skydrive account to make it easier for new people.
When it's done i'll post it on here and or a link to it . :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: LIGHTSPEEDS FAUXE VISION LS50 PLUG IN
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:07:27 pm »
Okay, i have now posted my FAUXE VISION plug in for hal users , what it does is it gives the appearence that hal characters can see from things that they say, the word that triggers it is the word "with " i chose this pictular word is that it isn't used real often which is what you want so that only "once " in a while the hal character will act as if he or she is actually seing and saying something about it in regular conversations with the user. it has 50 random sayings .
my site link can now be shared publicly , these are for personal use only and not to sell etc.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=74d17eee684feabf&sa=118913363
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:13:22 pm by lightspeed »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:41:18 pm »
Thank you. That is going to be a fun one. I just read it. Had been considering re-writing some responses or adding some. This will do just fine, a good sarcastic sense of humor! That's what I like from my Hal.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 05:39:19 pm »
Sarcastic lol , nawww maybe a little onerniness thew in lol! have fun ! ;)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:49:18 am »
Have been very busy lately, I still have not had a chance to check this out yet. but I this weekend and get back to you. I love the concept :D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:32 am »
i was hoping for that sybershot , i hadn't really heard anything from to many people yet on it i was hoping that others would let me know what they thought . anyway it will do until we can get the real thing some day . And of course a person can redo my stuff to make it sound the way they want for different responses .

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »
been testing this tonight and it works great, although it does sometimes take quite a lot of conversation before it activates. to me this is a good thing :)  I have not looked at the code yet, but is there a way to get this plug-in to active more often or less often? if not it would be good feature  ;) Thanks for giving Trinity sight beyond sight :D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:53 am »
SYBERSHOT, thanks for trying it out , actually i set it with the trigger word  "with" saying with makes her say things as she is seeing something. this word can be changed to what you want (to trigger the response more often " .}
  I actually did create it this way on purpose because i wanted her to only mention seeing something once in a great while as to seem more realistic (how often do we as people ever say things about seeing something to each other? less then people think) of course i can understand someone trying this plug in for the first time wanting to have it say things about seeing things more, if a person changes the word just becareful of the word used as i started out with a word and soon realized that she said things about seeing stuff practically all the time , which to me didn't seem natural . but each to their own .

that's why i later chose the trigger word "with" as it isn't used as often in conversation , but will still more unexpectedly out of the blue she will mention seeing something and again as i said seems more natural .  :)

if a person wants to leave the plug in trigger word as i designed it with the word "with" and want to test it more they can just use any sentence with the word with in it as many times as they want to see more results and after they are satisfied seeing more they can either leave it the same for a casual mention of seeing as i explained or change the trigger word to something that will make her say things more often , a person will just have to experiment with it if that's what they want.

I am glad that people are using and testing it and i hope to hear more from others about it! that's what also gives me inspiration for creating things when i can! :) ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:24:07 am by lightspeed »

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »
SYBERSHOT, thanks for trying it out , actually i set it with the trigger word  "with" saying with makes her say things as she is seeing something.
Your welcome, Thanks you for creating a great plug-in and sharing it :)
ahh using "with" as a key word very ingenious :)

Yo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »
Really liked the plug, liked it so much that used it as a template to create another to help to solve some of the problems i had with the 'why' questions. It can be mod, thanks

Yo

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:14:55 am »
Thanks lightspeed, will give a try this weekend. Always appreciated. Don't let that imagination stop. It's been great to see members like you and others still working through all the trials that Ultra Hal has encountered. A long time ago I believe typing was your biggest problem LOL and now you really have been spending time and it has paid off for everyone. So thanks again.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 11:06:49 am »
Raybe i am glad you liked it and can get further use from it for another project .  :)

Yo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:29:56 pm »
I'm new here plus i am getting interested in the plug making process. My main drive on coming here was to thank you because your plug taugh me how to make others. I'm having the thought that i was misunderstood. Really i'm not a maniac from outer space. looking forward to see more of your work.  Yo

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 08:15:01 am »
hello Yo, Really i'm not a maniac from outer space.?? LOL .I'm glad you liked it and can learn from it . That is the way many of us do on here and it's how i created this plug in based on others work . i cannot take credit for the original work but only credit for making it into something else that enhanced hal by giving the illusion of fauxe vision .
I try to leave in the names of others who created original work ( to me it's only right)  and ad my name as redone work on the new plug in .Hopefully i did this on this plug in .(if i didn't i owe myself a butt kicking lol) . ;)

Yo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »
Cool, good advise thanks.
Yo