Author Topic: How do I make Hal NOT sleep??  (Read 3596 times)

The Tinman

• View Profile
How do I make Hal NOT sleep??
« on: November 10, 2002, 10:12:02 am »
Ok, so I have Hal and Cyber Buddy running, I am talking to Hal and Cyber Buddy kicks in and starts to tell me a joke or a story, I am listening intently and then Hal kicks in midway and my character goes to sleep. I am left with no punch line, or ending to the story initiated by Cyber Buddy. I looked within the script of the Hal brain and after a LONG while I will probably figure it out. I just thought I'd ask some of you people out there in the KNOW, how do I do this? Turn OFF the sleep function within Hal?

TM

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 10:52:37 pm »
Unfortunetely, the code that controls the animation is hard coded into the Ultra Hal executable and it is not customizable by the script. There is no way around this that I can think of.

I'll write this down as a feature request and in the next release of Hal I'll add this as an option and possibly move the animation control into the script file.

quote:

Ok, so I have Hal and Cyber Buddy running, I am talking to Hal and Cyber Buddy kicks in and starts to tell me a joke or a story, I am listening intently and then Hal kicks in midway and my character goes to sleep. I am left with no punch line, or ending to the story initiated by Cyber Buddy. I looked within the script of the Hal brain and after a LONG while I will probably figure it out. I just thought I'd ask some of you people out there in the KNOW, how do I do this? Turn OFF the sleep function within Hal?

TM

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 06:29:55 am »
Thankyou Sir.