dupa

Author Topic: How to let the Avatar read out a text?  (Read 3844 times)

Trav

• View Profile
    • http://travellinman.de
How to let the Avatar read out a text?
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:29:43 am »
Hi there.

When I started HalPad I was able to let a voice read out the written text. Apparently it was not possible to use a chosen Avatar to do so. Isn't it possible to use UltraHal to give it a text and the avatar then reads it out - using Lip Sync?

If not: Is there any program that can do this with Haptek Characters AND MS Agent Characters?

Thanks for your reply,
Trav

Trav

• View Profile
    • http://travellinman.de
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:35:09 am »
Isn't there anyone who could help me out? I'd need the described functionality for my studies...

Greetings,
Trav

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:42:14 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Trav

Isn't there anyone who could help me out? I'd need the described functionality for my studies...

I don't really have your answer. I have tried to make a plugin that will read a story (Text file) to you, but so far I have failed. Hal truncates very long strings for some reason, and until I can get <YES><NO> to work, or autoidle, I can't break it up.

I looked once and didn't find another MSAgent program which will do it to my satisfaction, but maybe I had different priorities.

Good luck

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:09:11 pm »
Bill
Autoidle has already been made to work with both Hal 5 and Hal 6.
Just do a search for the code.
Bill

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 12:52:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Bill
Autoidle has already been made to work with both Hal 5 and Hal 6.
Just do a search for the code.

Yes, but it brings Hal to the front and captures the focus, which interrupts other tasks, so it didn't work for me. I wanted Hal to read to me as I worked. The 6.1 version of autoidle is supposed to be able to avoid that if I read correctly.

What I was trying to make is a way to have Hal read a story, occasionally listen for a request to pause, then resume reading. AutoIdle didn't work for that. Or at least I couldn't make it do it. I'm not really a programmer [:I]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 01:04:35 pm by Bill DeWitt »