Author Topic: problems with cd-rom hal disc  (Read 2888 times)

sedlare10

• View Profile
problems with cd-rom hal disc
« on: May 07, 2003, 05:40:37 pm »
i got the cd-rom and downloaded it but for some reason,whenever i put on voice,it's completely quiet but hal is picking up words that i am not saying(i am completely quiet,and still words are being picked up by hal)can anyone tell me what the problem is? also hal doesnt pick up what i am saying,only the words that are coming from somewhere else.

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 05:35:33 pm »
you might want to check you microphone settings to make sure the volume is not to high. It will cause Hal to pick up stactic and try to nake words of it.

check to make sure you have the correct input selected for recording under the properties window. Hal might me recieving input from a diferent source.

I hope this helps, it was just a suggestion.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Rich_A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 10:27:43 pm »
I get the same kind of problem with other speech recognition programs from time to time. Check your audio hardware settings, and you can also run an audio hardware tester if you have one. Sometimes by just running the tester if corrects the problem of "not hearing". If you have an audio hardware tester it would be located in the Windows Control Panel under "Sounds and Audio Devices", and for Windows XP Systems click the "Voice" Tab and then click the "Test Hardware" button to run the test. Also, I am currently running MS SAPI 4.0 as my speech recongnition engine, so if the hardware tester doesn't fix the problem I just reinstall SAPI 4.0 and that always fixes the problem for me. I keep a copy of my SAPI 4.0 Speech Recognition Set-up File in it's very own folder in My Docs so it makes it easier just go to that folder to run the reinstall process whenever I have this kind of problem. It saves on the time and headaches of trying to fix and constantly test things until they work again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 11:09:18 pm by Rich_A »