Author Topic: Problems with Hal  (Read 2890 times)

Spiral Architect

• View Profile
Problems with Hal
« on: January 25, 2002, 03:03:36 am »
I've got a couple of problems with Hal.

First off, he seems to think that everyone's birthday is November first.

Second off, I can't get him to remember my friend Jan's birthday.  I'll tell him that 'Jan's birthday is on June 4,' and he says 'O, really?'

Third off, when I try to manually enter an appointment for 'Jan's birthday' I get the error message: "The time entered is invalid"

I suspect that 2 and 3 have something to do with the fact that Jan is an abbreviation for January, and Hal doesn't want to associate it with anything but time.  Bummer.  I've tried to add using Janice, J_a_n_, etc.  with no luck. Any advice?

mscorer

• View Profile
Problems with Hal
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2002, 11:33:01 am »
I've just received my copy of UltraHal. Up till now I've been using the demo version. However, I still have the same problems. Hal cannot remember anything. For example, I type 'Robins phone number is 23456778', Hal replies that hes written it into the address book. However,if I ask 'what is Robins number' Hal either says its 934 1234 or something similar.
I've typed information into a standard text file and asked Hal to learn from it. The file consists of simple statements.....such as 'Bill has two children'. No matter how you form the question Hal doesn't know anything about Bill.
I'd appreciate any help on this.