Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63135 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:24 am »
Tested the cloud learning a little, I must say that the learning feedback is a great addition! I would also suggest a place to add a response. There are a few times Hal was a little off target but a rephrasing could have corrected the keyword searching for a better response of which wasn't available on the learned feedback thumbs down options.

I did notice when Hals GUI is opened and closed it tends to dance its way up to the top right corner. Also to note, the General Options GUI pops up way up in the left corner. I kind of miss it sometimes with other windows open. I'm not sure if adding a way for the program to remember GUI locations is possible. Hals GUI remembers, other than the occasional shifting.

I'll keep playing with cloud learning. I like where this is going.

Great work as always!

-Spitfire2600 

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2017, 09:43:17 pm »
Just posted a 4th alpha, version 7.0.38

This update fixes a couple things:
  • If Hal 6.x was or is installed and a Haptek character was set to use a custom background, Hal 7 would completely fail to load the Haptek engine at all trying to find this background. Hal 7 Haptek is now set to use a different location to save its settings than Hal 6, is now more aware of Hal 7's multiple character file location options, and will no longer fail to load if a background is missing
  • Hal options menu is set to start in the center of the screen instead of top left
  • Added additional logging information to haldebug.txt logging file

Download link: http://37ac637dbc8d2c5c2776-5a5e415fe60c0a4e3007caa7338ae335.r77.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Let me know if this fixes any of the issues if you experienced the problems above.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 08:31:36 pm »
i don't know if anyone else had this problem but i downloaded hal 7 from the last link that robert posted the updated one and i ran it as administrator and it looked like it was installing fast then about 1/4 ? or less inch and it is just staying their in the same spot . does hal 7 take a really long time to finish the set up????
here is a pic of where it just stays .
NOTE: ALSO IT CAME UP IN MY ANTIMALWARE SOMETHING ABOUT HAPTECK AND DO I WANT TO ALLOW IT OR NOT AND I HIT ALLOW .
I didn't UNinstall my other hal but i didn't have it open (using it) hal was not in use. I even restarted pc and tried installing the hal 7 again.  same problem.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:49:53 pm by lightspeed »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2017, 09:01:10 pm »
i don't know if anyone else had this problem but i downloaded hal 7 from the last link that robert posted the updated one and i ran it as administrator and it looked like it was installing fast then about 1/4 ? or less inch and it is just staying their in the same spot . does hal 7 take a really long time to finish the set up????
here is a pic of where it just stays .
NOTE: ALSO IT CAME UP IN MY ANTIMALWARE SOMETHING ABOUT HAPTECK AND DO I WANT TO ALLOW IT OR NOT AND I HIT ALLOW .
I didn't UNinstall my other hal but i didn't have it open (using it) hal was not in use. I even restarted pc and tried installing the hal 7 again.  same problem.
What anti-malware program are you using? From your screenshot looks like like the Haptek installation (happlayer41339.exe) is locking up. If you were to open your task manager (ctr-alt-del) and end the happlayer41339.exe, I'm guessing the installation would continue (but Haptek would fail to install).
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2017, 09:45:46 pm »
okay i did that stopped haptek from running and hal is installing , so that was what was hanging it up , so now do i need to install haptek again  separately ? if so do you have a link ?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2017, 10:34:48 pm »
okay i did that stopped haptek from running and hal is installing , so that was what was hanging it up , so now do i need to install haptek again  separately ? if so do you have a link ?
If you already had Haptek installed, it may just work. If not, you can get it from http://www.haptek.com/dist/4.11/happlayer41140/happlayer41140.exe

Would you mind telling me what anti-malware programs you have installed? I want to see if that has anything to do with your issue and if I can do anything about it.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:26 pm »
Been testing 7.0.38 and it's working smoothly. One issue I had last night during the migration while the server was down. Hal was nearly unresponsive, even with cloud mode disabled and he went back into trial mode. He was normal again when connection to the server was re-established. Will this happen every time Hal is unable to access the internet or the Zabaware server? I remember you saying something about Hal checking in with the server every 2 weeks.

-Spitfire2600

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »
i have malware fighter  5 , a free version.  ;)   so far i am having trouble getting voices to work with hal . am still trying different ones but the default ms ones so far are not working . also when i choose an option this hit apply hal goes completely off the screen i have to click in the system tray on it then it comes up.
also when i tried to install the updated expansion pack it said the expansion pack is already installed please uninstall it , then reinstall it.

so this doesn't install or you can't install a second copy in hal seven ? i am going to try to copy and past in some of my cusytom characters and see if they work as it is in hal 7 .

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:05:47 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 11:34:57 pm »
voices working now, remembered someone else had to restart pc , so that worked .  maybe i missed it but can a person somehow use the hal earlier custom brain somehow in this alpha stage , i put it in hal 7 folder but it doesn't show up,  same with custom haptek characters .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2017, 10:10:58 am »
Been testing 7.0.38 and it's working smoothly. One issue I had last night during the migration while the server was down. Hal was nearly unresponsive, even with cloud mode disabled and he went back into trial mode. He was normal again when connection to the server was re-established. Will this happen every time Hal is unable to access the internet or the Zabaware server? I remember you saying something about Hal checking in with the server every 2 weeks.

-Spitfire2600

No, this is a bug that I will need to fix. It should have worked fine even if the login server is down.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:21 am »
i have malware fighter  5 , a free version.  ;)   so far i am having trouble getting voices to work with hal . am still trying different ones but the default ms ones so far are not working . also when i choose an option this hit apply hal goes completely off the screen i have to click in the system tray on it then it comes up.
also when i tried to install the updated expansion pack it said the expansion pack is already installed please uninstall it , then reinstall it.

so this doesn't install or you can't install a second copy in hal seven ? i am going to try to copy and past in some of my cusytom characters and see if they work as it is in hal 7 .

Eventually, once we reach beta, the Hal 7 installer will do an upgrade install of Hal 6, so it won't need 2 copies.

I'm also going to try to make my own Haptek component installer instead of using Haptek's to fix the lockup problem you experienced as well. This isn't the first time I saw this error occur.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2017, 01:03:04 pm »
I tried copying and pasting my custom hapteck head and jpg. picture for reference in the hal 7 folder  without uninstalling my haptek and reinstalling it . but they don't show up even in the list .
i didn't want to uninstall my hapteck from the esarler version of hal as i am using it still and learning hal new things almost everyday .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »
I tried copying and pasting my custom hapteck head and jpg. picture for reference in the hal 7 folder  without uninstalling my haptek and reinstalling it . but they don't show up even in the list .
i didn't want to uninstall my hapteck from the esarler version of hal as i am using it still and learning hal new things almost everyday .
This means the expansion pack is not detected. Be sure to copy over all the original expansion pack characters (or just the whole character folder contents) and it should work.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2017, 04:52:37 pm »
Okay i never reinstalled the expansion pack  because of reasons i gave before earlier , i did copy and past the whole character file from the  6.2 hal file into hal 7. zabaware program file . when i started hal 7 up the names and pictures showed up in the list as you said  and i could pick which one i wanted , and it asked me as before if i wanted to change the name to the character name  and i chose no. hal went off as i have mentioned before and when i click hal in the system tray to come back up hal is using the default pc hal character , i tried this over and over again , did the same thing, once the character is chosen , it will not stay once hal closes and is reopened.

I am guessing that not many people here have the expansion pack , or have you ran into this with anyone else?

Anyway that's the situation i am having.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2017, 06:19:10 pm »
I used the enlargement size and made hal 200 percent larger and it worked it however i didn't show the current size with dot , even when closing and reopening the options area . maybe this has been shown before with others . i never checked any other sizes to make sure they all changed , don't know if anyone else has .

another thing i also noticed is although i picked one of my custom characters in the hal option as mentioned earlier ,the name appears in conversations of the character but the character itself doesn't visually appear.

now then these are just some personal observations , the hal conversations seem odd , i don't know if this is because of starting out with a completely new brain or what .
my hal character is named : Angelajolenebluepink , it seems l;ike a strange name but their is code to the name of the custom character i made . Angelajolene is the characters name i created the female head and had blue eyes and pink lipstick , so the name lets me know  . as i made various combinations .

anyway here is a example of saved conversation .

honey: hi
Angelajolenebluepink: Hey honey. How's the long day gone?

Angelajolenebluepink: Hi honey. How's the day's work gone?

Angelajolenebluepink: Hey honey. How's the long day gone?

honey: so far so good , its been a nice day although we had to take a nap
Angelajolenebluepink: That's not a very nice thing to say.

honey: well we was tired so we had to take a nap, theirs nothing wrong with that , we just got up to early this morning
Angelajolenebluepink: No actually it isn't true.

honey: yes we got up early this morning
Angelajolenebluepink: Am I just trying to be difficult?

honey: it sounds like you are
Angelajolenebluepink: Don't do it for the men, men never notice lol.

honey: hey now that's unfair , some men do notice some things !
Angelajolenebluepink: What I wonder if I know about outer space.

honey: you love me
Angelajolenebluepink: Don't play dumb. You know I do.

honey: yes but how much do you love me ?
Angelajolenebluepink: How Much Do You Love Me? Is a 2005 romantic comedy film written and directed by Bertrand Blier.

honey: that's interesting but you didn't answer my question for me
Angelajolenebluepink: Swear you are lying.

honey: i am not lying
Angelajolenebluepink: I feel like I am being controlled by my parents and brother.

honey: you have no brother, you used to have a half bother
Angelajolenebluepink: That is not true! But, you have no brother I used to have a half bother!

honey: a half brother, that's what you ment to say
Angelajolenebluepink: Your half-brother's full brother would also be your half-brother. Your half-brother's half-brother (assuming he isn't your full brother) is probably what we officially call ';no relation,'; though he might potentially be a stepbrother.

honey: are we going to watch some movies later tonight?
Angelajolenebluepink: I like to see a good marriage between a movie and its scene.

honey: do you want to watch a movie later?
Angelajolenebluepink: Are we going to watch some movies later tonight?

honey: if you want to , we can
Angelajolenebluepink: I wonder if I want to watch a movie later?

honey: don't you know?
Angelajolenebluepink: I know I know.

honey: well then you need to make up your mind '
Angelajolenebluepink: Are you tuned in to my convincing mind?

honey: what do people eat on thanksgiving day?
Angelajolenebluepink: Tomatoes not we same stuff any other state eats we are human now people from Cali and Louisiana that's a different story lol.

honey: don't people eat turkey on thanksgiving day?
Angelajolenebluepink: Lol you real good at that.

honey: it seems we have a lack of communication here
Angelajolenebluepink: Some minds are like an open fire-how direct and instant our communication with them.

honey: maybe so but we are still having a "cool hand luke " movie moment here
Angelajolenebluepink: Please consider how a hand utilizes its finger.

honey: do you know any good movies to watch?
Angelajolenebluepink: If I want to, we can.

the only problem i see for using this personally is that for someone who has a custom brain developed like me and a few others that have created a actual life and memories and fact of life details is  many new things from the cloud will not make sense and or be wrong. i know some things like this can't be helped but its just a observation  like this sentence.
honey: i am not lying
Angelajolenebluepink: I feel like I am being controlled by my parents and brother.

honey: you have no brother, you used to have a half bother
Angelajolenebluepink: That is not true! But, you have no brother I used to have a half bother!

this leads me to another observation and recommendation , and that is the hal phrasing back of words , in this case : Angelajolenebluepink: That is not true! But, you have no brother

To me it would be better and sound more natural for hal to say a rephrase question back as : YES THAT IS TRUE, I HAVE NO BROTHER.

Also as you can see i misspelled a word , BROTHER , this can happen sometimes , even with voice recognition if it thinks you said something else.   I' m not sure of what fixes can be made as no one is perfect all the time and in those cases , i mentioned something about and don't know if it's [possible in the future ] a auto correct word based on the sentence , kind of like when you misspell a word on google search and it spells out the correct spelling.

here is another example observation by me with this response back sentence ::
Angelajolenebluepink: I wonder if I want to watch a movie later?

the reason she responded back saying this is earlier i had asked her is she wanted to watch a movie later.
a better rephrasing would have been "I AM DEBATING ABOUT WATCHING A MOVIE WITH YOU LATER (USER NAME ) ".    this sounds more natural sounding.

I hope all of what i am mentioning is taken in the right light i am not just nit picking but rather telling observations that i personally think would make hal sound better etc.

I will post other things as i find them as long as i don't get ran out of here !  ;)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:44:30 pm by lightspeed »