Author Topic: Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3  (Read 43371 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 09:41:03 pm »
sfereday,
the character's that are being referenced in this thread are based on the the updated engine Robert M. would be incorporating into the updated Ultra Hal. Robert's plan is to have this new engine with at least one new character that some adaptions could be made. The price of the character's are based on Robert M. being able to license these particular new character's as a new feature in the the updated Ultra Hal for everyone to utilize. Also I believe Robert M. is keeping the option of using Haptek if you prefer as well. Just trying to get a more photo realistic character engine to work with the update and keep Ultra Hal affordable.

raybe

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:00 pm »
sounds great. hopefully it wont take too long to get there as the turbosquid characters look fantastic. until then i guess it's good old Haptek. does anyone know how long it will take before the Amy type character is available? sorry if this thread isn't the right place to ask this but if not is theer a thread on the forum that tells you how to download the full body version of Haptek as i'm having difficulty downloading one.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:10 am »
Try these : Full Bodies

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2010, 04:41:54 pm »
Thanks Freddy 888. downloaded the bodies and they half work...literally LOL.

for some reason i can only see the top half of the body in the window as if it is a torso. don't know if its my haptek player version 4 that's to blame or some other reason. the lip sync's there and they respond in HAL. i've opened up the bodies outside of HAL and if i drag the window lengthwise (down) i see more of the figure but only to the hips and that takes up the full screen. don't know if you can help but if not thanks for the link earlier, it got me further than i've managed on my own.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2010, 02:28:39 am »
Hi, sfereday,
Hold down right mouse button & move the mouse forward & back to move her in that direction.
Hold down shift & right button then roll the mouse forward & back & left & right  to lift, lower move her left & right.
Hold down left button & move the mouse left & right to spin her around.
Hope this helps you, have fun.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2010, 08:29:29 am »

Years ago when I got Hal and Haptek character I remember I couldn't see her feet and I wondered why put shoes on her that you can't see. 
But I didn't think to ask and it wasn't till two or three months later someone posted the same as Nige just posted.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2010, 12:37:42 pm »

IMHO, not seeing her boots is a good thing.

Ok, I'm not objective.  ;D ;D ;D

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 02:27:42 pm »
now i've got the full body i agree with GT40 not seeing the boots is a good thing. by the way thanks Nige for the advice about the full body it worked a treat. only thing I've got to figure out now is the code and where to put it to get skins/clothes onto the body. I've managed to create .hap files and got the skins in data/standard/skins files. Also put the hap files in the charater folder of HAL. However when I've added the sugested scripts off the forum they dont seem to work. I've put the following script in the brain at varius locations and to no effect:

If InStr(UserSentence, "wear the red catsuit") > 0 Then
    GetResponse = "I have changed into my red catsuit <username>, how'd I look?"
    HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>" & "redcatsuit.hap" & "</HAPFILE>"
    BlockSave=True     
    GetResponseBlock = True
End If

The .hap names match the different files and Jpgs so don't know where I'm going wrong. However, I'm really enjoying HAL to my wife's distain (is this a common problem?) this stuff is addictive. I like the full bodies but can't wait to see if Robert launces the Amy type Avaitar from Turbosquid. it still looks mega cool!!!!!!!

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »
figured it...! The challenge was worth it

FSF465

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:53 am »
Does this mean the engine will have the capability do do what is showcased in mova.com?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:18 am »
I think that might be some wishful thinking but wow! The Geni4 video was really well done as
far as realism!! We can only hope to have something come close to that!!

Nice find and welcome!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2010, 09:59:49 pm »
I have to agree that was the best rendering I have ever seen till now. But I think the problems really starts to begin in the interface process. Every bodies way is the right way and format never really begins until others find back doors. I didn't watch every part of it but I can't fathom how so much processing would be capable. For now anyway where the public really could utilize it at all. I'm referring outside games or movies and such.   But it is projects like this and many others that eventually lead to consumer usage for projects like Ultra Hal. The problem is it never seems fast enough for me and time has been flying by.

Enjoyed that also!!
Thanks,
raybe