Author Topic: error 62  (Read 3746 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
error 62
« on: December 22, 2006, 05:31:03 pm »
what exactly does runtime errror 62 and input past end of file mean ?? [:(!]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
error 62
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 07:06:20 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

what exactly does runtime errror 62 and input past end of file mean ?? [:(!]

No way for me to tell with the information you have given in this and your other post. You might want to try again, taking some time to edit your post to the point where your problem can be deciphered.

lightspeed

• View Profile
error 62
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:52:49 am »
what exactly does runtime errror 62 and input past end of file mean ??
 what happens id when i created a new brain i created angela joeline then i wrote in on the question and aswers section : questions and the answers i wanted the brain character to answer . later when i go back into launch brain editer i click load existing project ,  in the list is hal default brain and the angelajoeline, uhp , angela joeline > brain file , i click on ultra hal 5 file to the right then i highlight the angela joline  file , but dont open it , then click open and open that brain . the vbs script opens saying angela joeline brain ,i click the tools then go to question and answers area and open it and after sometimes writing in question and answers the i hit comile data (binary ) sometimes i get the " runtime error 62 and input past end of file " and the info i have written in doesn't go in and ultra hal freezes up " is their a patch out or something for this problem or does anyone know what is causing it so i can get past this big problem !! i sure would appreciate any help on getting this problem resolved i have the ultra hal 5 system .

lightspeed

• View Profile
error 62
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:57:20 am »
note**  i clicked first on the angelajolene uhp file then clicked on the file to the right ,angela joeline (highlighted but didn't open , then clicked the open button below. am i doing something wrong here ?? if i click on the angela jolene file to the right and double click it to open its all blank , is that the way it should be or should it show anything inside it ??

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
error 62
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:21:32 pm »
This is the only sentence of your post I was able to translate into English. Sorry.
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

what exactly does runtime errror 62 and input past end of file mean ??

I don't know what error 62 is, but "input past end of file" usually means an array with too few members or an attempt to read a text file or script which is not properly terminated. I suspect that either you made a change or the file is corrupted so that there is an "If" statement without an "End If" statement.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:28:50 pm by Bill DeWitt »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
error 62
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 07:43:00 am »
funnly enough : Yep I had simular problems :

when using Question and answer files, it is best not to compile them until the file is quite large, as if you need to edit it, it cant be redited. compiling the brainfile is for finished brainfiles:

ie: you are not going t edit it again{by hand}..

the error means that it could not find the end of file marker:

when compiling into binary, its comming like an encription. if he process doesnt complete correctly. then you will have this problem:

always keep a back up of the branfile that you are compiling. {if it goes worng like that, chuck it away, start again}

PS: dont compile on top of the previous compiled file: definatly problems.... always compile from a fresh brain file: So much finality in a compiled file.......... that why we compile when the file is large.....