Author Topic: copy and pasting q & a in brain editor question  (Read 3881 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
copy and pasting q & a in brain editor question
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:51:47 pm »
hello since i have the brain working editing again (for the time being anyway ) i have a question is it possible and by that i mean has anyone successfully done it , copied and pasted saved questions and answers into the brain editor ?? i did this before from where i had it saved in ms word document i copied what i had earlier wrote in questions and answers and pasted it into the editor brain but seemed like it caused problems (major ) anyone know anything about this or has successfully done it ???[:)]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:42:04 pm »
personally : i used to make my q&A brainfiles in Notepad... {A RAW TEXT EDITOR}

As long as the syntax is correct it works fine:

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:08:47 am »
hi spydaz, you wrote :in Notepad... {A RAW TEXT EDITOR}

As long as the syntax is correct it works fine: what do yoy mean syntax (what is that ) and how do i know ifs its correct or not ?? thanks !!!

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:34:05 pm »
@Happy is the best thing ever.   <<<Answer
 WHAT HAPPY EVER                 <<<Question or detection
@CAUSE Happy is the best thing ever.   <<<Answer
 WHY HAPPY EVER                 <<<Question or detection

QAfilename.BRN

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 06:20:34 pm by spydaz »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:34:51 pm »
In VB script and other languages SYNTAX is a rule that determines the ordered usage of symbols and expressions, for instance:
If an formula has two parenthesis on the left (( then is has to have two on the right )).
An IF statement must have a THEN statement to complete the order, and so on.

It's the little things that can drive programmers crazy like a missed set of quotes " or an open parenthesis (not having one at the end ), and so forth.

I'm sure you can find more about syntax by Googling VB script and digging around a little.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:27:47 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:03:11 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed
 what do yoy mean syntax (what is that ) and how do i know ifs its correct or not ??

If I understand your question...

Correct syntax is the correct words in the correct order and for any language, you have to learn the syntax to know if it's correct. If you want to communicate with your computer, you have to communicate in a language it understands, and use the language with some degree of accuracy.

All language is a code. Even English. Like any code, if you mix up the sequence, leave out parts or insert parts at will - you no longer have code, you have random sounds. With computer langauages they don't try to understand or guess the meaning, they simply stop working. I guess that's why people take the time to edit their code until it is correct. Computers seem to respect you more if you make the effort to speak their language accurately.

It's a good habit.