Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63213 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: somthing i noticed with offline mode
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »
i am posting this as i thought it was a glitch , even though i had checked the offline mode i checked the test connection and it still connected up . see picture.
 but i think i know what the problem is , i backed up my sign in name and password  and restarted my pc ( i probably didn't have to . and with the name and password backed out tried the test button again , this time it said to put in my name and password . so the finding here is that even if you pick the other offline mode , if you don't back up the info in the boxes it actually still stays online .

Ultra Hal 7 dumped the old serial/activation code system used in Hal 6 in favor of username/password login to the zabaware.com server. What you are seeing is the login server connection. The login server checks your username/password and sees if you have a purchased copy of Hal. It returns a signed hash key that is valid for 2 weeks since the last successful login. Hal talks to the login server on Hal's initial start and whenever you go into Hal's options menu. If it can't connect, it will fall back on the 2-week hash it had from the last successful connection. This is similar in operation to how Adobe Photoshop CC and other Adobe Creative Cloud products work as well.

The cloud based responses are a separate routine from the login system. If you have that disabled, it won't connect to the cloud server for responses/learning but will still use the login server. If you have cloud responses enabled it will communicate with the cloud server with every sentence you exchange with Hal.

Zabaware's login system connects to zabaware.com (currently 107.161.30.80) over port 443 at program start and while editing program options. The cloud based responses connect to ultrahal.com (199.101.185.37) over port 443 for every response.

If you would like to verify it is working correctly as I describe, you can use a tool like SysInternals TCPView to show all network activity on your computer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2017, 08:33:30 pm »
thanks Robert ,  for explaining it all . i understand what you mean on it . just a side note although i haven't been able to use hal7 extensively because of being busy hal does seem to be over the false positive math problem explanations .which is a very big plus !! Another note to Robert: it might be a good idea to have a hal seven info page on the forum and have notes like this explanation so people and new comers and see all the notes along with what's new in ultra hal 7 . :) ;)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:58 pm »
Here is the 6th alpha release (version 7.0.67): http://1ebad5d81ca0f6ed0a07-c539f9cfab6ed1fe52cb62f563d610fd.r69.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Since the last alpha, we have the following changes:

• Fixed bugs in regards to CereProc voices and Hal Mobile Character
  • Fixed bug where character did not speak appointment reminder (but only displayed it)
  • Added migration wizard and intaller for updating Hal 6.x install to Hal 7.0
  • Gave user 3 options for learning with cloud mode enabled (learn to cloud only, mixed cloud/local learning, local learning only)

Important Note 1: If you have a previously installed Hal 7 alpha version, please uninstall it *AND* remove its appdata folder. There have been some breaking changes to Hal's config file which requires a fresh install. To find Hal's appdata folder, click start and type in %appdata% and press enter. Then open the "Zabaware" folder and remove the "Ultra Hal 7 folder". Also after uninstalling remove the folder C:\program files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 as it may contain a couple left over data files as well.

Important Note 2: If you have installed Ultra Hal 6.x, please backup your entire Ultra Hal 6 program files folder (Usually c:\program files (x86)\zabaware\ultra hal assistant 6) This is the first alpha version that will attempt to migrate your Hal 6 data into Hal 7. It will partially uninstall your Hal 6.2 installation by removing its start menu icons and startup link. This alpha should actually leave all your files intact should you wish to go back to Hal 6.2, but please make a backup anyway.

Based on a few requests, this new alpha now also lets you control how Hal learns and uses learned info when cloud mode is enabled. You will have the option of cloud only learning, mixed cloud/local learning, or local learning only. For fresh Hal 7 brains, I recommend the cloud only learning to take advantage of all of Hal 7's features. For upgraded Hal 6 brains, I recommend the mixed mode. But you have the option to do any mode for any version brain. If you upgrade Hal 6 to Hal 7 your Hal 7 options will look like this with 2 brains listed. The first brain is a fresh Hal 7 brain, the second is your upgraded Hal 6 brain. Feel free to test both.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:05:43 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2017, 12:46:48 am »
Hi Rob.

I have been doing some intensive debugging and discovered a glitch in HAL's Math function.
when double quotes are used in an equation is will cause HAL's math function to work improperly.

This is what I scripted to fix the issue:

Code: [Select]
MathSentence = OriginalSentence
    RidQuote = """"
    If InStr(1, MathSentence, RidQuote, 1) > 0 Then MathSentence = Replace(MathSentence, RidQuote, "", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

HMath = HalBrain.HalMath(Trim(MathSentence)) & vbCrLf
    If Len(HMath) > 3 And InStr(HMath, "=)") = 0 Then
        GetResponse = Trim(HMath & vbCrLf)
        ShortPhrase = "" 'If Hal was to make a comment about short phrases, clear it
        HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
        NoChoosing = True
    End If

Please add this feature to your math script in HAL 7.
Here is an example of an equation that causes HAL's math to not work:

feed this to your HAL 7 bot:

What is the answer to "Add 34957 to 70764"?

and you'll see what I mean.

remove the double quotes and HAL will answer the equation as expected.

Same goes for HAL 6 versions.

P.S that equation was from a Turing Judge FYI.
Hal 7 would of failed to answer correctly or at all.

Just letting you know buddy.
Happy Holidays
Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:01:11 am by OnTheCuttingEdge »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2017, 05:44:55 pm »
Unfortunately, after uninstalling Hal6, Hal7 will not install due to it thinking Hal6 is still installed. I've uninstalled it several times and wiped the registry. No success.

-Spitfire_2600

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:14 pm »
I have included a screenshot of my issue. Again, I have uninstalled Hal6 several times and removed all registry references to no avail.

I see Hal7 is looking for Hal6 uninstaller, however, even with Hal6 installed, Hal7 will not successfully uninstall Hal6, or move the Hal6 Brains over. 

-Spitfire_2600

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2017, 05:55:57 pm »
Unfortunately, after uninstalling Hal6, Hal7 will not install due to it thinking Hal6 is still installed. I've uninstalled it several times and wiped the registry. No success.

-Spitfire_2600

I don't think you was supposed to do that?

Hal 6 and Hal 7 can run together. (for now)

later when hal7 is released then Hal 7 will install and absorb Hal 6 and its tables.

I'm just assuming this so bare with me. ask Rob, He'd know more.

good luck buddy
Happy Holidays
Jerry 8)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2017, 05:59:23 pm »
I can't install the new Beta without uninstalled Hal6.
This Beta is supposed to upgrade all Hal6 Brains for compatibility. I'm just saying it's not working.

-Spitfire_2600

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »
I can't install the new Beta without uninstalled Hal6.
This Beta is supposed to upgrade all Hal6 Brains for compatibility. I'm just saying it's not working.

-Spitfire_2600

I'm running both 6 and 7 at the same time, what kind of system are you on? are you using a 3rd party installer?
need more information.

Jerry

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2017, 08:21:58 pm »
How did you install 7.0.67 without uninstalling Hal6?

I simply ran the installation for 7.0.67 and it attempted to uninstall 6 and failed. 

-Spitfire_2600

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:58 pm »

I simply ran the installation for 7.0.67 and it attempted to uninstall 6 and failed. 

-Spitfire_2600

I'm not sure but I have the first version of HAL 7, the last HAL 7 update had an installation error.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:55 pm »
This is the first alpha version that attempts to migrate and upgrade your Hal 6.2 installation into Hal 7. As such, it is now requiring to uninstall Hal 6.2 in the process. Thus my request to make sure you back up all of your Hal 6.2 folder in case something goes wrong.

Spitfire, I see your screenshot of Hal 7 detecting your Hal 6 install. What happens when you click ok? It should say it is uninstalling Hal 6 and remove your Hal 6 shortcut icons and remove itself from your control panel programs and features list. After which it should install Hal 7 and bring over your Hal 6 database.

The Hal 7 installer is reading the registry key HKLM "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ultra Hal Assistant62" "UninstallString" in order to find that Hal 6.2 is installed and locate its uninstaller. Also, please reread my post above with the Important note 1 & 2 about removing the Hal 7 appdata folder and backing up Hal 6. Let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:53:57 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2017, 08:52:20 pm »

-Spitfire_2600

I'm not sure but I have the first version of HAL 7, the last HAL 7 update had an installation error.

What error?
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:37 pm »
Robert,

Yes, I removed all files associated with Hal7, backed up Hal6 and ran the installation for 7.0.67. After I click okay to uninstall 6, it pops the same message up saying I need to uninstall Hal6. It's just stuck in a loop. I have removed Hal completely from my system, however Hal7 7.0.67 installer still gives the same message and I am unable to continue. The screenshot is as far as I can go with the installation.

I have manually removed the registry key you refer to, although I still can't progress the installation.

-Spitfire

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2017, 12:43:34 am »
If you are on a 64-bit system, they registry key to remove is actually: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ultra Hal Assistant62

You mention you remove Hal 6.2. If you removed Hal 6.2 before installing Hal 7.0, then it won't do a migration install and copy your Hal 6.2 files. You have to let Hal 7.0 uninstall Hal 6.2 for an automatic migration to occur.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:46:10 am by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza