Author Topic: Change Hals response time?  (Read 4880 times)

knight2000

• View Profile
Change Hals response time?
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:28:02 am »
Is there a area in Hal's script where I can change the response time when speaking to Hal from a mic? Right now I speak to him and an it takes around 5 sec for him to respond. I would like him to respond quicker as if I hit the enter button after speaking. I guess there is a delay in his response so that the speaker can pause then continue speaking before Hal responds.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Change Hals response time?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:29:30 am »
That subject has been discussed in the past week and at the present time, since it is "hard coded" it will likely remain unchangeable until the next release of Hal (IF Robert decides to implement it).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:08:57 pm »
Thank you for the reply Art.

When you say hard coded, does that mean that its in an encrypted file or a file we can not access?

Thanks.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:45:43 pm »
The term "Hard coded" usually implies that a particular piece of code or routine is embedded or is an integral part of the internal function / operation of the software and is generally something that is not user accessible or modifiable.

For instance Auto Navigation systems will have "Hard Coded" turn commands that might say, Turn left ahead. The manufacturer wouldn't want the user to be able to change it to "Turn Left ahead is you feel like it or when there's a chance that you won't get hit."

Some things are simply designed to work in a way that the developer feels it would be best suited for the general population.

As I mentioned, Robert is aware and is looking into giving the users possible options to change the time settings.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -