dupa

Author Topic: Building a brain  (Read 3882 times)

TEC

• View Profile
Building a brain
« on: December 02, 2003, 09:37:51 pm »
I'd like to build a brain that will run behind the AIMBot and answer questions about my company. Having the existing "knowledge" of a default HAL brain is ok to keep, but I'd be OK if HAL only knew my business.

Trying to figure where to start... Maybe create a new topic to hold on topic of the business, then modify the Q&A brain portion. For example, if the questions is "Who is the President?" - George W is not the answer I want HAL to give, because the main topic should always be the business and the answer would be "Todd", for example.

And to continue, if I want HAL to answer some technical questions - I can feed him a manual. But, again, how can I ensure that the manual information takes priority over default brain info[?]

Thanks.

onthecuttingedge2005

Building a brain
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 03:38:20 am »
Hi TEC.
What you ask is an easy task.
If you make me a list of your topic keywords and
transfere links required for sending clients to
different locations on your site by keyword and all
the information you can send me on what you would like
your Hal program to do, then I will look it all over and give you
a bid on how much I would charge for the services.
I would work out the best offer I can for you and I'll try and keep
the time to program and cost down to a minimal amount.
If it's just a really small script, then I'd just give it free of charge.
If you'd like to join us at my Ultra Hal Bot Forum please go to:
http://www.geocities.com/onthecuttingedge2005/UHEF.html
Hope to see you there.
Best of wishes and grand new discoveries.
Jerry.[8D]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 03:40:50 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

TEC

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 04:19:05 pm »
Thanks for the offer Jerry. But at this point, I would like to experiment first.

Bill819

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 04:45:40 pm »
GOTO THE OTHER PROGRAMMING FORUM. GET TO BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK ON PAGE (4) AND LOOK AT SECOND TOPIC BY DON F.
THIS MAY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. i THINK THAT IT GIVES YOU AN EMPTY BRAIN.
bILL [8D]

Larry

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 05:59:16 pm »
True it give you an empty brain, but the data files are still there waiting for the chance to get a word in edge wise... he might start a new topic and feed the 'manual' to that topic... The key here would be to change the topicfocus.brn so that every keyword points to the new topic - his business... I wrote a program in vb that would read that topicfocus.brn, then read a document and put sentences where they belonged... it had a few bugs in it, so I never got back to it... even still it isn't hard to do... most companies have a question and answer faq - he could change all the questions to caps, add a space in front, make sure that line follows the answer - which has to lead with @ ... done deal... microsoft word can do it in a sec or two... it's call search and replace... the only problem I see, as Hal learns, he might want to edit the file every now and then to make sure the correct answer is given to the question...

Bill819

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 06:20:28 pm »
Somewhere in this forum or the other one there was a way to erase most of the files so that you could start from scratch. Some files are needed, but I do not know which ones.
Bill

Larry

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 06:37:22 pm »
Look for your specific purposes, you can enable a detail view of the brain folder, sort by size, delete the largest ones, and hal will recreate them as he learns... course, I don't recomend doing this in the first place, but since you insist... I do recommend you make a back up of the whole folder in case you come to your senses... lol

Please let us know how you make out... THIS will be interesting...

TEC

• View Profile
Building a brain
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 11:54:34 am »
OK. I have a few things to try. I'll make notes and report back here when I eventually get it "working". [^]

Thanks for all the ideas.