Author Topic: Hal Not responding or hearing me........  (Read 3310 times)

decat24

• View Profile
Hal Not responding or hearing me........
« on: August 08, 2002, 08:40:07 pm »
Hi,

I purchased this program for the sole purpose of it's speech recognition capabilites, which isn't working. I've sent emails to the author requesting help, with my last email stating I will take this matter further since it seems like I've been taken. Does anyone know how to get this software to hear me, before I contact the Better Business Bureau???

bearbait

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 02:34:50 pm »
You know Tinnman You must have something to do with this SO CALLED PROGRAM I've seen you attack more then 2 posters in the last week. The reason this board is full of folks complaining is there is NO customer service  No replies to post E-mails Phone calls. So if you dont have anything To do with Zabaware Ide advise you to Keep your mouth shut..Otherwise its looking like you take it personaly wich suggest you have a hand In the Pot.

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 06:48:14 pm »
you have been a member of this forum for what 9 days???? and you have the gaul to tell me I should keep my mouth shut. If you and so called other NEW members of this forum would take the time to read the past postings you would find your questions have already been answered. I make no pretence of defending zabaware, I just think it rediculous that people cannot figure out the most simple things. Perhaps the creator of this program is off in the Bahamas or in Europe spending your money. Perhaps he should have said that this is a beta program and all the bugs were not worked out of it yet, because lets face it all the bugs are not out of it yet. But I guarentee you that the update will address all of these problems and more. No, I am in no way affiliated with Zabaware, I am impatient for the promised updates to be released. I do however, have the spirit that this is a starting point. So the customer service sucks, the answering of e mails to the company sucks, where would you people, who are drooling for an artificial intelligence program that does what this program will eventually do, be without Robert Medeksza, the only person I know that has had the ability to create something like this. So it is not perfect, I for one am not going to refer to him as Robert. His name is Mr Medeksza. I am going to expand upon this program as I have already done and be gratefull that someone is out there on the cutting edge. So bitch all you want, patience is a virtue.................................The Tinman

bearbait

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 01:12:47 am »
Hey I agree its on its way to being a cool program.. there is allready a program called hal 2000 which is a home auto program.. (wondering if this is a take off from that)  I also agree the guy may be off on a adventure but If hes taking folks money, There should be some kind of customer service. one of my 1st questions was does the free verision of Hal come with the dialer I ask that question 9 days ago and still havent got a reply.. I went ahead and paid for the download and it went wrong. so I Dont know if it comes with the dialer or not..Just small things like that. Ease up on newbies that arent as computer savvy as your self.. You were a newbie once. CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG..lol

decat24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 03:38:07 am »
Hello all. First I must say I did send an email to the author before making this post. Also I must state there was a beta version 3.0 posted on Zdnet that worked with speech recognition, but later it was changed with a version that only allow responses back in text. Now that's not a problem, because I paid for the full up-to date version that's supposedly had the speech recognition working. If that part was not working from the beginning I would have not have felt cheated, especially since I received no response back from the author. Please don't start a flame, if all a person is doing is requesting help. All that does is only make you look immature.