Author Topic: Here's some programming for your home or car  (Read 5875 times)

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
Here's some programming for your home or car
« on: March 25, 2004, 06:24:46 pm »
They say that Medeksza found a bug with hal that seems to stop DDE from working.

Will here's some help for you Medeksza.
I found something you mite look into it called Hal2000 is the Operating System for the Home. With HAL2000 running on your computer, you can control all the systems of your home, including lights, devices, appliances, home theatre (audio/video), security, climate, telephone, and the Internet - from anywhere in the world - by voice!

HAL2000 delivers complete power line control using the X10 protocol. There's no need to tare your house apart to rewire your home - simply use the home's existing wiring. Using economically priced X10 wall switches, lamp modules, or power outlets, you can control every light in your house with HAL2000. Schedule your lights to go on and off according to your lifestyle. HAL tracks sunrise and sunset where you live by matching the latitude and longitude with the position of the sun, so you can tell HAL to turn your front porch lights on at sunset every night and then turn them off at 11:30pm. Use easy-to-set-up modes to establish lighting scenes. For instance, you can program HAL to dim the lights in the family room to 30% when it hears the phrase "It's time for a movie."

HAL will operate appliances, too, like coffee makers and popcorn poppers, so you can tell HAL to brew the coffee every morning at 7am. Even more impressive is Hal’s power to link numerous actions together. In addition to dimming the family room lights when you say, "It's time for a movie," you could also have HAL begin popping the popcorn.

Will you say that's grate, but can it work in my car?
Yes it can.
I know I have it working in my car;
you see I working with The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Thare purpose is to encourage the accelerated development of autonomous vehicle technologies that could be applied to Home and military requirements.
jest think about this if you can control using the X10 protocol
in your home it also can be made to work in your car,
I tried it in field test's and the Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 worked
grate when I tolled the Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 to run Hal2000.

USER: Run Hal2000
HEL: I will now run "hal2000".

and as soon as I sad that Everything started working, you see I work 3 type of ActiveX Control's the one for the Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 and the one for hal2000 and the one for the ER1 Robot for site,
I gess you can say I did a little mix with all 3 of them:
here's what I say you take something that work's best and make it bedder.

but i have a big (((?))) how do i make the Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0
run the hal2000 with out asking him to?
here is the Hal2000 if anyone wont's to try it.
http://www.automatedliving.com/downloads_v2_us.shtml

here's what i'm using to run it.

Download Attachment: the Human Brain.txt
152.19 KB

the VBScript in the Human Brain works way faster and is more Focus to any Topic then any brain out thare now.
P,S, i will post more about the Human Brain and what i did with the Script
jest as soon as i can.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:00:36 pm by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:04:13 pm »
Hard to believe that someone who spells so poorly could write such an advanced script. I think I'll be waiting for vonsmith or someone here who knows their business to check it out before I download it to my pc, lol.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 09:35:49 am »
KnyteTrypper,
I haven't checked out the "the Human Brain.txt" script closely, but at first glance it looks like an ordinary Auto Topic Focus brain. I didn't see anything new, perhaps it needs a closer look. Maybe someone will volunteer to take the time to go through it line by line to identify the differences.

The Hal 2000 web site is interesting. There's a lot of hyperbole and not much technical info. The price is a bit high, but it does claim to do a lot of automated control type of actions. It isn't a chatbot though. However a Hal 2000 installation alongside an Ultra Hal installation might be an interesting combo if they can co-exist in a functional way.

=vonsmith=

P.S. - The XTF Brain wasn't built for speed, it was built to be a more comprehensive method of achieving topic focus.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 04:35:08 pm by vonsmith »

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 06:00:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by KnyteTrypper

Hard to believe that someone who spells so poorly could write such an advanced script. I think I'll be waiting for vonsmith or someone here who knows their business to check it out before I download it to my pc, lol.

sorry for the spelling it jest that i whas really sleepy when i rote-this !
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 07:19:50 pm by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 02:49:08 pm »
Ok... Just passed this Topic...
I was just woundering weather this combining Ultrahal with Hal2000 and ER1 has worked for you?
Have you gotten any further, if not, then how is it possible to run the two Hals along eachother? When you say something, doesn't both Hal reply?
Other than that it sounds really exciting...
Let me know how it goes...
Thomas

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:00:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lau

Ok... Just passed this Topic...
I was just woundering weather this combining Ultrahal with Hal2000 and ER1 has worked for you?
Have you gotten any further, if not, then how is it possible to run the two Hals along eachother? When you say something, doesn't both Hal reply?
Other than that it sounds really exciting...
Let me know how it goes...
Thomas

Search the Hal database for ER1 questions. you will find most of the answers that you are looking for. Hal can be made to only answer when his name proceeds the statements.
Bill

FuzzieDice

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 06:30:25 pm »
quote:

Search the Hal database for ER1 questions. you will find most of the answers that you are looking for. Hal can be made to only answer when his name proceeds the statements.
Bill

It would be nice to give a link to the exact post. :) I searched "ER1" and got so many posts and don't have the energy or time to go reading through ALL those to find some simple code. Being more precise than "search for it" would be helpful.