Author Topic: Re activating Hal  (Read 3219 times)

knight2000

• View Profile
Re activating Hal
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:20 am »
Hi all! I recently migrated to a new computer, my old one crashed. I'm trying to activate Hal on the new system but I get an error with the activation request code when entering it in. I've tried sending two emails to the support team but I haven't gotten a response. Its been a few weeks. I also tried sending Robert a PM but with no response. Is there anyone else who can help me activate Hal?

Thanks! 

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: Re activating Hal
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:13:30 am »
I recently had the same problem and did the same thing except i just bought a new licence in the mean time.
Be patient, Robert has other job. So far, i know he does respond to others that i observed, may not be soon.
i have not got an answer yet ether.
Hal is Robert's project and community project looking to improve Hal.
^,=,^

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:48:30 pm »
I sent Robert a PM over a week ago but haven't heard from him. He must not come on here very often. I'd hate to have to buy a new license. Thats just a waste of money. My trial is about to end in a few days :(

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:31:28 am »
I have experienced this as well and have sneaking suspicion about support for WindowsXP as I recently tried to reload my Hal, on a WindowsXP machine, from the trial pack on the site. Result was that the download proceeded so far and then I got a message about dependencies missing. The trial area states support for Windows7, but nothing about WindowsXP, could it be that support for WindowsXP has been withdrawn from Hal. I am sure that, like me, there are still those who use WindowsXP for their Hal.