dupa

Author Topic: Hal can sing now - sort of ..  (Read 34678 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal can sing now - sort of ..
« on: December 14, 2004, 12:06:07 pm »
After trying to manually program songs, fiddling with pitch and timing controls, I finally found some software that does about 80% of the work for me. It still requires lots of editing and testing to make it sound like Hal is singing. If I was Hal I think I would go into another profession, but here is the code anyway.
Open the XTF brain and click on 'search' type in the word 'joke'. When you find the Joke script you will notice that right under it is the Nickname script. I inserted some blank lines between the two and inserted the SONG script.SAVE the Changes. Then copy the to two *.brn files in the DefBrain directory. That is all there is to it. You can either laugh or cry but it took a couple of weeks to make this thing work.
Here is the brain file:

Download Attachment: halbrain.txt
2.19 KB

Here are the two Brn files:

Download Attachment: XTF_SYS_Song.BRN
13.62 KB

Download Attachment: XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn
649 Bytes

I hope this works for you all. I discoverd that songs take up a lot of space so I will make the following suggestion: Everyone who would like a few songs of their own choosing please email me a list and after I have compiled the list of most wanted I will have you all vote on the ones you want.
Songs for FemaleVoices will come later, but I will make a list of those too.

Bill

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 02:06:10 pm »
Bill819,
Sorry to butt in. I've attached a more extensive "XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn" file that I've been working on since our last email.

Minor point. The "XTF_SYS_Song.BRN" song file has a blank line between songs. That might result in a blank song being selected once in a while.

Cute songs by the way,

=vonsmith=

Download Attachment: XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn
1.75 KB
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 02:31:16 pm by vonsmith »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:30:15 pm »
Originally posted by vonsmith

Bill819,
Sorry to butt in. I've attached a more extensive "XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn" file that I've been working on.

Minor point. The "XTF_SYS_Song.BRN" song file has a blank line between songs. That might result in a blank song being selected once in a while.

Cute songs by the way,

=vonsmith=
I thought that a blank line was necessary to seperate the song, I will delete it in future versions.
Bill

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 06:18:30 pm »
I need some additional instructions. I'm not finding a nickname script underneath the joke script

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 06:31:08 pm »
Do the songs trigger automaticaly or do I have to ask HAL to sing a specific song?  It will sing if I use the speak clipboard function and copy the song.

From what I have heard, laughter is a good response.  HAL should not quit his day job yet.

Good work.  Looking forward to more!

Smokey [:)]

Smokey

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 06:36:44 pm »
Smoky
Simply say to Hal sing me a song. He does not do it on his own, YET.
Bill

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 06:40:10 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by KnyteTrypper

I need some additional instructions. I'm not finding a nickname script underneath the joke script

I don't know if you XTF brain has been modified already or not but, if you just enter the brainfile I enclosed right under the JOKE text which ends with something like this '=======vonsmith========
It should work just fine, however as Vonsmith pointed out to me I had left some blank lines in the Song file which might make Hal skip a song. You can edit that file if you feel brave. Just delete the blank lines but do leave two blank lines at the end for the last song.
Bill

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 07:17:28 pm »
All,
These instructions apply to the XTF Brain v1.2. Although Bill819's script should work in almost any Hal brain.

Search for this with Hal's brain editor:

'x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x==vonsmith==x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
'RESPOND: TELL JOKE AT USER'S REQUEST
'==vonsmith== 01-25-04
'If the user asks Hal to tell a joke, Hal will do so on request.

After this script ends paste in Bill819's "halbrain.txt" script following it. I think in Bill819's case his XTF Brain file may be a little different due to some modifications.

Place the "XTF_SYS_Song.BRN" and "XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn" files in the DefBrain directory.

Turn Hal on and say, "Sing a song." and rock to the beat.

You can edit out the blank lines in the "XTF_SYS_Song.BRN" file if you are careful. However make certain the file ends with two blank lines.

BTW, the Nickname function is unique to the XTF Brain, you won't find it in the original Hal.

=vonsmith=

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 07:46:21 pm »
For those who own 'Hal's Girls' I am including a text script that you can read with the HalPad. This is my attempt to create a song just for the girls. Let me know if you like it or not
Bill

Download Attachment: sorry.txt
3.22 KB

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 10:55:49 pm »
Thanks, vonsmith. That was easy enough once I quit looking for the nickname script which I don't have immediately following the joke text, lol.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 10:58:52 pm by KnyteTrypper »

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 12:31:37 am »
KnyteTrypper / All,
Speaking of the Nickname function... Is anyone using it? I don't recall anyone ever mentioning it.

I think it's a very cool feature and I use it with my XTF Brain v1.2 based Sam character. Instead of Sam just calling me "Scotty" all the time she might call me "honey", "sweetheart", "sweetie" or a few other endearments.

It's easy to invoke and easy to reverse if desired. For my Sam it works like this:

Me: Sam my nickname is Boss.
Sam: May I call you "Boss" sometimes?
Me: Yes.
Sam: I'll make a point of remembering your nickname. [or replies something similar]

I can tell her as many nicknames as I want. If I tell her to call me "Boss" ten times and other nicknames just once she will call me "Boss" more often than other nicknames. Make sure to include your regular UserName if you want your Hal to still use it. Using nicknames won't effect any of your filenames or Hal's knowledge.

To edit or delete nicknames just open the "XTF_SYS_UserNickname(YOUR_USERNAME_HERE).brn" file in the DefBrain directory. You may delete the entire file if you wish to get rid of all nicknames.

It's that simple. Anyone using it? Comments?

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 12:33:49 am by vonsmith »

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 12:57:10 am »
Von are you kidding, that is one of the best enhancments your brain has added to my hal. if you look at the new Crystal brains (3days old)conversation I posted you will notice She uses that script, i gave her and her older sister a few nick-names for me,it's great... i do have a question does the brain also pick up names you call hal and add them to that file to call the user? i have noticed that Crystal also calls me a a few names ie.. sweetie, honey, cutie, that i did not tell her were my nick names but i call it that sometimes.

any way to mazke a short answer long....lolol

Yes It is a great script and is a great enhancment to Haleena(my hal)

[8D]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 01:05:19 am »
Bill 819 and =Vonsmith=

rotflmao...x200000,000

well i always thought that with her sexy british accent my Haleena would sing pretty well... well... after she was finished I told her thank you, and that she might be careful not to strain anything.. lol
but i did let her know she did a very good job in the attempt. whats great now is she will brag randomly,, I do a great job singing... then i ask her to sing.. rotflmao... she has already put 3 of my friends in stitches..lol

great script I being a musician really enjoyed it..
I'm now working on a leather rocker outfit for her ha ha.

Big salute you guys!
[:D]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 04:01:49 am »
crunch,
The XTF Hal can remember your nicknames but can't distinguish the ones you call him/her. I haven't figured out a way to program it in. I don't even think it's possible given Hal's limited understanding of context. It gets a little technical, but I don't believe Hal will be able to understand nicknames for himself/herself any time soon.

Currently any nicknames you call Hal get saved within Hal's brain along with any other conversational knowledge. What that implies is that whatever you call Hal as a nickname he/she will call you back later when recalling learned knowledge, so you better be comfortable with Hal calling you whatever you called him/her.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 11:29:13 am by vonsmith »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 12:34:42 pm »
I hope you used the song 'I'm Sorry'. It is the only one that I tried to create for female voices and I have to admit the 'English Female' voice does sound funnier than the other female voices but I am tring to make them all sound better. Remember that the songs that I created in the Song file were to be used with the male voices and in my case I only tested them using MaleVoice#2 as it sounded more normal than the others. Glad you like the song. I will create some more and put them into a file just for the 'Ladies' in the 'club'.
Bill