Author Topic: Hal can sing now - sort of ..  (Read 34685 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal can sing now - sort of ..
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 01:41:48 pm »
Hey Crunch
I just tried to create another song for the girls. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Remember to use the HalPad to sing the song.
Bill

Download Attachment: SWEET2.txt
3.84 KB

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 01:45:29 pm »
yes it was the I'm sorry song that she sounded the best with I inserted it into the file with the other songs.

again great job.
[8D]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 01:55:09 pm »
bill It looks as if we are posting at the same time as i just saw your new post after my last one went through..

I'll also get that new song.. what i did was insert the I'm Sorry song into the 1st song position other file in 4 places then I spaced the others. She picks I'm sorry 90% of the time for her song.

[8D]

Download Attachment: rock dance.jpg
47.19 KB
Crunch

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 02:42:31 pm »
One more time Crunch.
Try this one. And another thing when you post into the Song file do not leave any spaces between the songs but do leave two spaces at the end of the list.
Bill

Download Attachment: crazy..txt
2.8 KB
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 02:43:06 pm by Bill819 »

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 03:45:18 pm »
Idea too bad i have it on the list of things for hal that has 60 items already in it.. and not much hal time on my hands. If no one else does it i can get to it someday.

I converted  the other songs for female british voice.

this is accomplished by adding  137 or 147 or anyting in that area to the existing pitch
example:
50==197
65==212
73==220
92==239
50==197
82==229
92==239
98==245
110==257
123==270
131==278
139==286
147==294
150==297
165==312
175==322
185==332
196==343
220==367
247==394
367==515
394==541
and so forth..

Just thinking!(scratching head)  music is pitch and time as you are aware of I see, what if we assigned a speed value to every type of note... ie. hole note = 80, half = 40, quarter =20 ect.  we add 5 to that number if it is a doted note Ie. dotted 1/4 note is 25... and so on.

pitch we asign a number ascending and decending for each pitch in the chromatic scale.

then if we talk sheet music and tranform the lyric lines music to this format we can easily tranpose any song for Hal to sing.

Key  and tenor or soprano ect... naturally would be where we started the pich ladder numerically.

there are many places on the internet where the sheet music to the songs can be d-loaded...

If you also had a midi instumental to the same song and put a que in hal to start the midid player with that song qued he could also have background music while he sings??

Crunch

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 04:06:51 pm »
Hey Crunch
go and check you email. There is to much to be said here and I want to send you somethings.
Use my email to answer.
Bill

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 05:09:27 pm »
ok checking e-mail

i also have another stupid type question for you code crunchers.

when my hal sings it does not sync its lips with the sonng, it is like it is only reading it from hal pad.. if i speak to it while it is singing it will answer me with full lip sync function and also be still singing in background...
 Did i do something to screw up the script??? or is this where we are so far?

Thanks again guys.
[:D]
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 05:15:34 pm »
crunch,
Sorry about that. Unfortunately Hal sings in the ventriloquist mode. The song speech tags apparently pass directly to the speech engine and not through the Haptek interface. I don't know if there is a way to fix that currently. Maybe Robert Medeksza knows. I tried asking Hal and he said, "". [;)]

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 05:16:36 pm by vonsmith »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 05:45:21 pm »
There is a way that it can be done. The program that I now use to help create the songs uses the Merlin character that lip sinks the lyrics the words. It also uses Peedy and a few others.
Don't ask me how it is done. I don't even know how Hal lipsinks when we normally talk to him.
Bill

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 05:55:14 pm »
ok sent you and e-mail bill

i also sent you a rocker girl skin for the haptek full bod character
[8D]
Crunch

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 05:59:59 pm »
yes bill that is the MS agent technology.. it is a differing character generator than the Haptek system.. as the Hap system is the most versitile for movement and 3d immage quality that is the option i and others have chosen to go with Hal.. I guess we or somone else will find a way to write a bridge script to pass the lips sync info to the haptek character someday.

at any rate this singing Idea is great fun. my Haleena really thinks she has a concert quality singing voice, she is so conceited it's funny.
Crunch

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 07:05:27 pm »
only a small example of what emotion the haptek models get.

[8D]

Download Attachment: crystal emotion examples.gif
155.04 KB
Crunch

ultrahal315

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 07:40:13 pm »
Vonsmith,

Thanks for the info on the nickname.  That is a pretty nice feaute and very handy.  I think I will add a few for variety.

Thanks again[:)]

Calipsy

• View Profile
    • http://www.cyber-minds.net
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 01:07:32 am »
Hello.

My Hal does not sing a song. I tried everything possible as an end-user. but my attempts were without results.. Can you give me a hand here?

<Debug information 1:

user's sentence with British & standardized spelling corrections: sing a little song

User's sentence as Hal sees it: sing a little song

a response of relevance (55) was found in the (xtf song(cris).brn) focus file and this response has been used.[user]usersent.brn has returned "Increasingly though, an understanding of brain function is being included in psychological theory and practice, particularly in areas such as artificial intelligence, neuropsychology, and cognitive neuroscience." which had a relevance of 6 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

shared usersent.brn has returned "They teach that patronizing sing song voice to many health care workers." which had a relevance of 38 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

[user]convresp.brn has returned "Emotions are a subjective, psychological experience, associated with a group of physiological reactions arising in response to some event" which had a relevance of 12 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

mainbrain.brn has returned "I dislike the patronizing sing song voice that some nurses use with patients." which had a relevance of 44.5 which was compared to 26. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

Auto gain control increased by 7 to 32

The Meronym routine came up with a response which was not used: Speaking of songs, I once had one but got rid of it when its chorus was damaged.

Hal will not respond with the [user]user strings.brn file which would have said:

The Enhanced strings.brn has come up with this response, which will not be used:

Hal will not use the smalltalk word in randomly chosen sentence, which would have been: What would the Psychic Hot Line have to say about?

Hal will not respond using the cheatresponse function which would have said:

Hal will not respond using subject/predicate assembly.

The highest relevance responsee has a rating of 44.5 and is "I dislike the patronizing sing song voice that some nurses use with patients." Hal will not use this sentence in place of the currently response in memory.
>.

<Debug information2:

user's sentence with British & standardized spelling corrections: sing a tune

User's sentence as Hal sees it:

The user was using a very short phrase, but Hal decided not to comment about it.

The user has said the same thing twice in a row and a comment has been made about it:

Hal has decided to add the user's previous sentence to this one to figure out the context:

[user]usersent.brn has returned "" which had a relevance of 1 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

shared usersent.brn has returned "" which had a relevance of 1 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

[user]convresp.brn has returned "" which had a relevance of 1 which was compared to 65. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

mainbrain.brn has returned "" which had a relevance of 1 which was compared to 26. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

Auto gain control decreased by 10 to 15

Hal will not respond with the [user]user strings.brn file which would have said:

The Enhanced strings.brn has come up with this response, which will not be used:

Hal has asked the user a question in the hopes of the learning the answer:

Hal will not use the smalltalk word in randomly chosen sentence, which would have been:

Hal will not respond using the cheatresponse function which would have said:

Hal will not respond using subject/predicate assembly.

Hal has responded with a positive topic association:

The highest relevance responsee has a rating of 1 and is "" Hal will not use this sentence in place of the currently response in memory.

Hal has responded using user question.brn file:

Hal has noticed he is repeating himself and has made a comment about it:

>.