dupa

Author Topic: batch files  (Read 3294 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
batch files
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:54:53 pm »
I have these batch files posted in another thread, but I thought they would be easier to find here for others to find and use. enjoy :)

below these steps is a short description of what each batch code/file does, and any changes that might be needed.
1) open note pad and copy just one of the code blocks below into note pad. repeat these steps for each code block.
2) save with what ever name you want to command hal to use besure to save as .bat. example my drive.bat
3)place the batch file in your programs folder, the directory is in the first code block. or just create the batch file and double click it and it will open the destination for you.
now restart your system and open Hal and type or say "open your batch file name" example open my drive

some of these you will see a dos window there is away around this.
1.1)instead of placing your batch files in the programs folder, place them in your documents folder.
1.2)right click each one and send a short cut to your desktop. this makes a .lnk file
1.3)rename them to example my drive.lnk
1.4)right click each and select properties
1.5)under shortcut tab look for where it says run: with a drop down box to it's right
1.6)in the drop down box select Minimize
1.7)now cut and paste those lnk files to your programs folder
1.8)now restart your system and open Hal and type or say "open your batch file name" example open my drive

in windows 7 this opens your programs folder where I put my batch files "use this code as is"
Code: [Select]
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
exit

this opens my c drive "use this code as is"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\"
end

this opens my computer "use this code as is"
@echo off
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
exit

this opens my secondary drive "change F to your appropriate drive letter"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "F:\"
end

this opens my user folders"change trinity to your user name"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Users\Trinity"
exit

note: if the above fails to open from within Hal, Hal might not right away index them

go into Hals main folder and open shortcut.dat with notepad
scroll to the bottom and add these two lines for each batch file to the list and don't forget to save
example:
shared drive
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\shared drive.lnk.lnk"

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:58:19 pm by sybershot »

steve80

• View Profile
    • proofreading plus
Re: batch files
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:27:43 am »
I’ll definitely be updating the blog with any news on the outcome.