dupa

Author Topic: This forum desperately needs a plugin bank.  (Read 3441 times)

echoman

This forum desperately needs a plugin bank.
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:47:00 am »
There are now so many plugins it's impossible to keep track.

Along with the missing search/replace function in the brain editor - long needed!, we also desperately need a plugin bank to keep track of all these new plugins so they are easy to find.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This forum desperately needs a plugin bank.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:12:44 am »
I agree. They also need to be sorted with Title and Brief Description as well as Author and for which version of Hal it is intended or compatible. Titles could be PERSONALITYS, UTILITIES, ASSISTANT, HUMOR, MEDICAL, ETC..

Great suggestion echoman. ROBERT? You listening? ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

echoman

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:17:20 pm »
Thankyou Art. I sometimes feel like the official forum moaner/complainer because that's all my posts ever seem to do. Plugins are one of things that make Hal great - this needs to be pushed and put into some type of order.

rathb18

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
well someone could just make a plugin collection thread with highlighted sections that say the category names  with links to all the plugins that everyone has made.  You could do it kinda like how this thread is setup:  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119512
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:09:41 pm by rathb18 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:55:57 pm »
Nice but I think what we're looking for is a Plug-in specific Folder within the Zabaware site. You know...keep everything within the family circle so to speak.
Robert? You still listening?

I realize that Zabaware HAS a PLUG-IN area but these are ones that have passed muster and been sanctioned by Robert, not the general type of user written plug-in of which we have many!!

It would be nice if there was a "protected" or scanned area where users could PUT their creations.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:59:07 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -