dupa

Author Topic: Roxxxy the sex robot talks politics...  (Read 3359 times)

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
Roxxxy the sex robot talks politics...
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:20 pm »
Has anyone seen this?  I think it's a sex robot/doll with AI:

Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/01/sex.robot/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

quote:
... When someone speaks to Roxxxy, her computer converts the words to text and then uses pattern-recognition software to match them against a database containing hundreds of appropriate responses. The robot then answers aloud -- her prerecorded "voice" is supplied by an unnamed radio host -- through a loudspeaker hidden under her wig.

"Everything you say to her is processed. It's very near real time, almost without delay," Hines said of the dynamics of human-Roxxxy conversation. "To make it as realistic as possible, she has different dialogue at different times. She talks in her sleep. She even snores." (The snoring feature can be turned off, he says.)

Roxxxy understands and speaks only English for now, but Hines' True Companion company is developing Japanese and Spanish versions. For an extra fee, he'll also record customizable dialogue and phrases for each client, which means Roxxxy could talk to you about NASCAR, say, or the intricacies of politics in the Middle East. ...

Gosh, golly and gee.  Read the whole thing. Follow the link, and see her photo.  Yikes! Good thing she can talk, because I think I'm speechless. [:I]

Roxxy's creator claims she uses AI technology that he developed.  But I don't think it's teachable by the user, as HAL is.  I'm guessing her "brain" is more limited.

- Chas
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:26:23 pm by DrFaraday »
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:46:16 pm »
yes DrFaraday i posted something about this doll in the general area called "the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready " i have been posting many many links to robots and androids , ai.'s etc. their so if you are interested in anything like that i have posted a lot of links !![:)]

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:42 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

yes DrFaraday i posted something about this doll in the general area called "the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready " i have been posting many many links to robots and androids , ai.'s etc. their so if you are interested in anything like that i have posted a lot of links !![:)]

Thanks for pointing that out Lightspeed.  I just had a quick look there, lots of links indeed, I will be checking them out.

To the forum administrator: If you want to delete this thread to avoid redundancy, feel free to do so.

- Chas
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.