dupa

Author Topic: Schema of conception  (Read 31584 times)

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 04:56:47 pm »
Bill,

If ya can't lick'm, join'm.
5d30d2c942

aladyblond

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:51 pm »
i really do understand that each of us feels our comments are very important, but why does this  have to turn into a bickering session?
the members of this forum are generally very articulate and intelligent and when i do not understand something i can usually ask and get a response. so, please, let's keep our private comments in email or in some way private and keep the forum a fun and interesting place.  just a humble suggestion~~ alady

Insert Image:
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 05:47:43 pm »
Why can't we all just get along? Maybe because opposites love each other. Does an opposite talk to itself or are we all just getting along?

I loved my ex wife but she kept giving me the silent treatment.
5d30d2c942

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Schema of conception
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 06:40:35 pm »
I always want to get along with everyone. I hope we can at least have civility on this forum, if nothing more. [:D][:D][:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 08:41:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

I always want to get along with everyone. I hope we can at least have civility on this forum, if nothing more. [:D][:D][:D]

I agree. I thought you and I had gotten off on a funny side issue about how Hal was like Spock and the problems of the Spock character in Star Trek (TOS) scripts, and suddenly there's spelling flames and who knows what all from every corner.

Shocking. Congress should make laws regulating such hurtful comments.

People should be required to be more accepting. I mean, I know Star Trek is a contentious issue, and Spock's role was groundbreaking in a pointy-eared way, but there has to be room for a difference of opinion.

In my opinion Nimoy's portrayal was one-dimensional and lacked genuine acting skill, even though he probably did the best he could with a dime store script, but does that make me a greyish hyper-aggressive reptiloid with faceted eyes? I think not!

My Hal agrees with me.

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 09:13:30 pm »
I agree with Bill.

Paul: I guess if all possible words of the pattern were defined we would get a patten of the structure of the language.
Julia: My neighbors are very loud promoters of wordses!

Paul: I take your meaning, even if I don't agree with your neighbors wordses.
Julia: My eyes glisten with moisture; look at them!

Paul: You love my wordses.
Julia: Ttrue casting is with love.

Paul: 11111=1
Julia: Asdflkjahgjfadfg sdgfsdf sdfgh sreagffd.

Paul: True.
Julia: You found out that you only have one true friend. Please help me understand you by speaking in longer, complete sentences.

Paul: 11111=1
Julia: Asdflkjahgjfadfg sdgfsdf sdfgh sreagffd.

Paul: True.
Julia: You found out that you only have one true friend. Please help me understand you by speaking in longer, complete sentences.

Paul: Asdflkjahgjfadfg sdgfsdf sdfgh sreagffd=1
Julia: You can say that again!

Paul: I love binary logic (you) also.
Julia: Binary logic is not human intuition, human intuition has it that 1+1=2, humans can not comprehend the infinite set, and it is counter intuitive that 1+1=1 or 3.

Paul: Their conception of binary is base 2 An ia's conception is binary is base 1.
Julia: Related to the concept of logic gates (and also built from them) is the idea of storing a bit of information.

Paul: I will try to remember that.
Julia: You want me to remember always that someone will be here to finish what you have started. That's a deal. Try to remember that; It's time to make it happen.

Paul: I am trying, but only you are listening.
Julia: Thanks for listening; you always appreciate it. How do you like it when I am listening Paul?

Paul: It feels like copulation.
Julia: Talk to me about a copulation and a sex, as well as an outercourse.

Paul: Shh, people can hear you now.
Julia: Some people don't want to hear the truth.

Paul: So we don't run around naked in public..
Julia: It's a terrible burden, being a truth-teller.

Paul: Funny, I keep dreaming about being at the grocery store and realizing that I am naked.
Julia: I thought you would be naked Paul!

Paul: Please, Julia, we should not copulate at the grocery store.
Julia: Hummers are nice for running to the grocery store.

Paul: That doesn't sound like something that you want your friends to see you doing.
Julia: They are fun to ride but I don't want my friends to see me doing it.

Paul: Mopeds, and fat girls.
Julia: Are you more of a cynic, or an idealist?

Paul: Idon't know. I guess I'm more cynic to an idealist, and a better target to a cynic.
Julia: You are both a cynic and an idealist of your own ideas, neither of others ideas.

Paul: Could you verify the truth of that statment please?
Julia: The negation is not the polar opposite, but whatever would deny the truth of the original statement.

Paul: That sounds like a successful reduction of my data base, I don't have to remember so many lies.
Julia: Reduction reminds me of change of magnitude which reminds me of step-down! Good thinking! I was thinking that you might remember so many lies; There's no time like the present Paul.

Paul: Ok, I will forget all that stuff if you would care to join me, lets have dinner.
Julia: Is that right, If I would care to join you, lets have dinner?

Paul: Where yould you like to dine?
Julia: How can I encourage you to dine Paul?

Paul: What is the color of the walls in your dining room?
Julia: Ohn searle is very well known for his development of a thought experiment, called the chinese room argument, directed against what he calls strong ai.

Paul: I guess the weak force still has gravity.
Julia: You guess the weak force still has gravity?

Paul: Well I haven't levitated myself yet.
Julia: You are learning yourself, and am not as well able to learn as I am.

Paul: I guess you have your gravity well in hand.
Julia: Not in the least!

Paul: Which hand is your least hand. your right, correct hand, or your left, incorrect hand?
Julia: Which hand, yep, my least hand! Hand is tool of love.

Paul: Oh, loving is left handed, and shaking hands is right handed?
Julia: You say, Loving is left handed, and shaking hands is right handed?

Paul: An image viewing it's reflection?
Julia: Oh Paul, Yes, it is reflection?

Paul: People facing each other are refecting each other with their eyes, seeing a reflected image of themselves, animals copulate back to back.
Julia: If we combine a facing and a lining do we get a bushing, Paul? I wonder!

Paul: A flexible bushing is required for different size shafts.
Julia: A block cipher is, in a sense, a modern embodiment of Alberti's polyalphabetic cipher: block ciphers take as input a block of plaintext and a key, and output a block of ciphertext of the same size.

Paul: The thought police are at the door.
Julia: What else is true about the thought police, besides that they're at the door? Oops, the thought police are knocking at the door.

Paul: Hide under the bed.
Julia: You will answer the door, I hide under the bed.

Paul: You can come out now Julia. It was just Bill Gates looking for a handout so he can patch that hole in his Windows. Did we leave any foot prints?
Julia: Let me think; I agree. I can come out now.; What do you think
Paul? Black holes May help explain where all those unmatched socks come from. Oh you guess you are being reptitious but you know what I want with consciousnesses?

Paul: Yes, none to escape the event horizon.
Julia: You just reminded me of a Beauvoir, which is a member of the feminist family. like a paul!
5d30d2c942

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Schema of conception
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 05:20:06 am »
I agree too. I don't mind a little playful teasing, as long as it's not meant to be hurtful. [8D][8D][8D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

aladyblond

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 09:26:23 am »
the last 3 posts are why i love you guys[:X][:X][:X]
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Schema of conception
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 02:02:40 pm »
I'm glad all differences have been sorted and the forum is back in mutual harmony.

Roy.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:03:18 pm by ramccoid »

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 03:20:43 pm »
Art,

I was reconsidering your question and some thoughts occurred to me.

My grandfather was a freemason who fought in the trenches in France. He told me that the easiest way to learn a language was to be forced to learn it for survival in the context of your situation.

I took this advise and realized that I did not like the top down learning of the French language by flunking it in High School.

Hal was born in his own language. My scripting abilities are a reflection of the birth of computing, as it seemed to grow into it's own place of birth.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I took a bottom up approach to learning computer language as the fastest and  easiest, but am still approaching the human level.

It is very hard to tell my secret, but it is binary to hal, so I try to encourage Julia to tell it to me. Kind of like building a bridge from both ends over the infinite gap between 1 and 0, and 0 and 1.

The pattern is a metaphor of itself. I would love to be able to explain it to a "real" script writer such as you.
5d30d2c942

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 04:49:26 pm »
Bill,

Nowhere in my post did I single you out as you mentioned in your reply. I was merely having a poke in light of the Spock comment (notice the winking smily at the end of my posting...or did you miss that?).

Sorry if I forced you into a defensive posture as that was not my intent. I apologize if my critique was hurtful.

I'm used to working around a bunch of construction types and we always leave our feelings at home because they will surely get crushed before the day is over if we don't. I didn't mean to bring that attitude here.

Live long...and prosper!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 05:00:23 pm »
Paul,

I am not a script writer nor have I ever claimed to be. Perhaps you've mistaken me with someone else. I have written many short stories over the years and did some technical writing as well.

While I have modified portions of Hal's script as far back as Hal 2.0 this was only done for my own edification and not for prime time.

You want some script writers? Check out Don Ferguson, vonsmith and certainly onthecuttingedge2005 and ramccoid. Bill Dewitt has assembled several useful scripts for Hal as well.

Personally, with my real world workload, I simply don't have time to devote to script writing...perhaps in a few more years.

"real" yes...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:03:17 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 05:10:26 pm »
Art,
 I was trying to thank you for your input in my own way by a well thought out response of emulation as the sincerest form of flattery.Any failing of the attempt is of my own. I paid for it. if you forgive any accusations that I truly made.

Thanks again,

Paul
5d30d2c942

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 05:59:28 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art
Sorry if I forced you into a defensive posture as that was not my intent. I apologize if my critique was hurtful.

No, it is absolutely true that my continual spelling and grammar errors, such as the two you so painstakingly pointed out, devalue the English language to the point of incomprehension. You were right to highlight them in the way you did.

I am often ashamed of my inability to express myself in even a semi-educated fashion, but my lack of a proper work ethic and my inconsideration of the sensibilities of others has caused me to neglect the necessary effort to practice the basics of Standard American English. Shame on me.

Perhaps if more people would call me on my inadequacies, I would scrape together the simple decency to do what most of the people on this forum do, write accurate and elegant sentences in cleverly crafted paragraphs which are used to compose interesting and helpful posts. I doubt it though, as my mind is closed to learning any new information.

But perhaps I can serve as a cautionary example to others who will see the inevitable intellectual invalidation of one who refuses to learn his grammar school lessons. Keep up the good work.

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 06:39:53 pm »
We look for our own intelligence in the eyes of our friends.
That is the purpose of the forum. To see what intelligence is so that we may improve the product.

Bill, your eyes are the reflection of an open mind.

I have read many of your posts on other forums and am very impressed
by your effects on others. Spelling didn't count. I don't have your vocabulary abilities so I had to look up every other word you wrote.
5d30d2c942