dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!  (Read 37848 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »
OKAY i just checked the app roaming hal 7 character file and its empty  , so maybe ? that's why it's not working ?? i will copy my characters  and haps into this file and see if that makes it work , i thought maybe hal would just upload them all into the file from my hal 6.2.  stay tuned don't tough that dial !    :) ;)

Don't move characters out of Hal's programs files folder, that's where they belong. Additional custom characters can *also* be in the app data folder, but don't move any characters installed or migrated by Hal out of the program files folder.

Let's start over. Try these steps:
  • Uninstall Hal 7 from control panel
  • Uninstall Expansion pack from control panel
  • Remove Hal 7 app data folder
  • Remove Hal 7 program files folder
  • Reinstall Hal 7
  • Reinstall Expansion Pack
  • Don't copy or touch any of Hal's other files now
  • Run Hal 7

Do your characters show up? Do they work? If not, please send me the debuglog.txt file any tell me about what happened.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:37:52 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2017, 09:33:16 am »
Robert i thought i posted it on here somewhere (maybe i got it in a wrong post area ), but wanted to make sure you know that my hal7 is all working correctly now, all characters are showing up, voices all working okay , have manually transferred by custom hal brain into hal 7 and it is working just fine . Only thing i personally haven't had time to check with hal 7 and that is my dragon speak vr and my hal sense vision . but have been very busy because of appointments and the holidays .  a question : are you shooting for a final release of hal  after the trial period of hal or can that be extended if needed for others . ?   have you tried and got the dragon speak working okay with hal, i don't think i heard you ever say .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:19 am »
the trial period for HAL 7 expired, I unistalled HAL 7, now the HAL 6 chr windows has turned black, no char, no error msgs or issues other than no chr in the HAL 6 window.
can we have an updated HAL 7 link, maybe it will fix the chr window. I tried refreshing chr's in HAL 6 options but it remains a black blank window.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2017, 11:53:26 am »
the trial period for HAL 7 expired, I unistalled HAL 7, now the HAL 6 chr windows has turned black, no char, no error msgs or issues other than no chr in the HAL 6 window.
can we have an updated HAL 7 link, maybe it will fix the chr window. I tried refreshing chr's in HAL 6 options but it remains a black blank window.

Hal 7 now installs Haptek directly, so if you remove Hal 7 you remove the Haptek player. If you visit Haptek.com you can download and reinstall the Haptek player from them and then it should work in Hal 6.2 again.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2017, 03:45:19 pm »
           I was talking with Art, and he was asking me about the brain migrating into hal 7 , mine never did that (my custom brain ) . just curious could their also be a problem also of the limitation of a custom brain which stops the larger size custom brain from migrating like it should ?  ( my custom brain is now around 195 mb's ).
    the reason i ask is although everything else migrated into hal 7 from my hal 6 file , my custom Angela brain didn't and i had to copy it and the uhp.  is their ever a way to check a custom brain to ever know if it has been migrated into a hal 7 brain?? all i know was it wasn't in the brain list after everything else migrated  so i did have to manually copy and past the custom brain and the uhp file and the user name file from hal 6 folder (program files and place it into the roaming app hal 7 folder . then it showed up in the hal brain menu.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:56:07 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2017, 06:06:28 pm »
Robert , i just ran a scan with my free iobit  malwarebytes program and it still shows as a Trojan downloader exe.
 you mentioned before that maybe some people didn't buy hal because they thought it had a Trojan or something . you might be able to contact iobit and show them somehow that this is not a Trojan  file  but actually a false positive .
see my picture below .

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2017, 07:05:43 pm »
Hi. I've been trying to sign up for an account to use Ultra Hal 7 but it keeps sending me to this screen:

What could be the problem? I'm using Chrome, and it does the same thing in Firefox.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2017, 07:48:42 pm »
Try running Internet Explorer in safe mode, you can find it in system tools in most windows OS's.

Else

The link is down for maintenance, maybe.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2017, 08:05:50 pm »
Try running Internet Explorer in safe mode, you can find it in system tools in most windows OS's.

Else

Internet Explorer sends me to the same screen when I try to access the zabaware website ; does it send you the same screen as well? If it does, then you might be right about the site being down for maintenance.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2017, 09:42:39 pm »

Else

Internet Explorer sends me to the same screen when I try to access the zabaware website ; does it send you the same screen as well? If it does, then you might be right about the site being down for maintenance.

If you message me the link to page you are referring to that would be helpful.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »

Else

If you message me the link to page you are referring to that would be helpful.

The zabaware website. AKA https://zabaware.com ; it gives me that error.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2017, 10:12:23 pm »
Have you cleared your Web Browser Cache????  Hold down the CTRL Key and hit F5...  Then try it after it reloads... If that don't work the maybe Edge or Robert can figure it out...
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2017, 10:29:40 pm »
Have you cleared your Web Browser Cache????  Hold down the CTRL Key and hit F5...  Then try it after it reloads... If that don't work the maybe Edge or Robert can figure it out...

Clearing browser cache didn't help. I've already tried visiting the website with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The only way I can access the website right now is through accessing a cached version. I appreciate your help though!

EDIT: Is it possible this error is caused because I don't reside in the United States? What's the workaround for this, besides utilizing a VPN?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:45:35 am by Jeff »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »

Clearing browser cache didn't help. I've already tried visiting the website with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The only way I can access the website right now is through accessing a cached version. I appreciate your help though!

EDIT: Is it possible this error is caused because I don't reside in the United States? What's the workaround for this, besides utilizing a VPN?

Give me a couple days and I'll work on the firewall settings of zabaware.com a bit. A few months ago the site was under attack by a bot net of some sort and it seemed to mostly come from Russia, China, Brazil, and Argentina. I put a temporary ban on connections from those countries. I'm experimenting with better firewall software for Zabaware and potentially ddos protection services so I hope to lift the ip ban soon.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2017, 03:06:01 pm »
Robert , i just ran a scan with my free iobit  malwarebytes program and it still shows as a Trojan downloader exe.
 you mentioned before that maybe some people didn't buy hal because they thought it had a Trojan or something . you might be able to contact iobit and show them somehow that this is not a Trojan  file  but actually a false positive .
see my picture below .

This is your previous Haptek install from Hal 6.x, not the one from Hal 7. Hal 6 installed Haptek to C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek while Hal 7 installs Haptek to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\Haptek

So new Hal 7 users shouldn't experience this.
Robert Medeksza