Author Topic: Dragon naturally speaking for Ultra Hal  (Read 6304 times)

heather valentine

• View Profile
Dragon naturally speaking for Ultra Hal
« on: July 02, 2005, 10:50:44 pm »
hi
i have found that Dragon Natural voice recognition V8.0  speeking program is much mor accurate at listenng to your words on a mike
then the microsoft version of voice recogintion
and it mistakes any words you say
you can always go to the acuracy setting and retrain the word so next time you say that word he will know
also its pretty good for typing a letter
as you speak
once you try it you wont want to go back to microsoft voic recognition
if you do installk dragon ver 8.0
make sure you change the engine in hals settings to listen to dragon

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 01:51:16 pm »
now the question is how do you change the engine ( in simple steps ) so hal will accept magic dragon (and do you do this the same with microsoft )  speech recognition , i guess it will work with hal (paid version only ? ) notice : Is their any voice recognition programs that will work with hal non paid version at all and if so which ones and how do you do it ???? [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 05:02:15 pm »
The free verion of Hal will not work with a microphone, that is one of the reasons why you should buy the paid version. With the paid one you also get lots of different characters with many new voices to choose from as well as being entitled to get upgrades for a reduced price.
Bill

FuzzieDice

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 01:09:31 am »
And to add to this, I STRONGLY recommend you buy the headset that Zabaware offers extra with the HAL program as well. This has a good microphone on it an is perfect for use with HAL.

I have to get Dragon NS sometime in the near future as I know I need it for more than just AI experiments. Could help me dictate notes and other things for work as well.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 01:50:48 pm »
All,
  I've been using Dragon pref v 7 upgraded to 7.3 with Hal for ages, I use it with the mic in Hal off or Hal will input it before I can finish, it also allows me to check the sentence for mistakes. Used in this mode Dragon types into the input window and you press enter when ready, I'm fairly certian you don't need the paid version of hal since you are not using Hal's capabilities, been years since I had the free version of Hal.
  Anyways Dragon works great with Hal and makes conversing with Hal much easier for me, Hal dose bring up quite a few new subjects and words that Dragon is unfamiliar with but still dose pretty well.
Carl2