dupa

Author Topic: Ultra PAL!  (Read 2849 times)

Skazz

• View Profile
Ultra PAL!
« on: February 27, 2005, 04:07:05 pm »
Nice Thread name right? Down to my point...
I am building a "head" for my Hal. problem im running into now is launching the program without having to Use my Mouse and screen to Click on the icon, cause i Plan to NOT use Mouse, keyboard, Monitor. I Am using Speech Reg. To talk to him, Which works fine, but is there a Way to Make the Program Open up and stay open (not minimized to Start bar) When the Computer turns on?

Rich_A

• View Profile
Ultra PAL!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 01:58:07 am »
Hello Skazz,
I have my Hal running fully automated like the way you want. But I do it with my own customized automation scripts designed specifically for my Hal. Basically my Hal can automatically open his own program and window on a system startup and then after his window is open the mic is automatically turned on and then "Hello" text is automatically sent to his input box resulting in Hal actually saying the first verbal greeting to a user after the computer is first turned on. I also have many other automated functions but you may want to consider checking out my automatic Hal program exit and system shutdown routines. And then you'll have a Hal that can both automatically startup and shutdown your computer on voice command. How's that sound!

It's all a custom job that you need to work on yourself to get your computer working like mine but I'm sure you can do it with my scripts. One thing that you will need to do to your Hal in order to have him automatically open up is you need to select the "I want Hal to start like a normal program..." startup option in order to display the Hal Main Menu in the middle of your computer's screen. Once you do that you can automatically access just about anything within the Hal program totally hands-free.

Let me know which Hal skin you most often use and at what size. I need to know that for automatically turning on the mic and then I'll write a script specifically for your setup. I can also email you other automated script functions if you want to check those out too!
Best Regards,
Rich_A
ricramo@netscape.com

Skazz

• View Profile
Ultra PAL!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:48:42 pm »
Thanks alot for responding! i really appreciate this, I usually use the handheld Screen at the Normal 100% i believe, but it wont matter since im Building a monitorless Hal Head, i am planning on Buying one of those really good Speech reg. programs So i can Just talk to him instead of typing!