Author Topic: Brain Editor Run-Time Error  (Read 3995 times)

Rich_A

• View Profile
Brain Editor Run-Time Error
« on: May 24, 2003, 10:21:44 pm »
I am using the Ultra Assistant 4.5 Free Demo and I receive the following Error Message after I launch the Brain Editor and try to either "Create New Project" or "Load Existing Project" or "Exit":

Ultra Hal Brain Editor
Run-time error '-2147319779(8002801d)':
Automation error
Library not registered.

The Brain Editor had worked for me with no errors, after I had downloaded and installed Ultra Hal for the very first time. But since that first install I had to perform a Non-Destructive PC System Recovery to my computer and I then just reinstalled Hal back into it's existing Zabaware System Folder that was created from the first install with all the current files and data. I didn't want to lose the brain that I currently now have working. I'm not sure, but I think that since I am getting a registry type error I may need to completely uninstall Ultra Hal and reinstall it as a new program.
If I do have to this, can I backup my Default Brain's Folder and/or Files to a CD and then copy it back in as the Default Brain in order to maintain the current brain's data without generating any sort of Plug-in Error. I did never made any modifications to the Default Brain because I realized that it works fine for me just the way it is, but I would like to be able to use the Brain Editor to try out a "New Brain/Project" sometime in the future.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 01:08:32 pm by Rich_A »

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 11:57:30 pm »
The problem could be that when you restored form a back up several od .DLL's were not re updated. That is part of the libray error. The part is when you restored from back up the regestration files were not re updated, several key registry updates were not reinstalled with the restore.

I have had this happen several time myself after a Non destuctive pc restore. the problem is unless you create a restore point after every new software you install, if you ever have to restore back to previous point all .DLL's and registry updates are lost.

You solution is not to hard to do though. YOU will probably have to completely unistall and reinstall Hal.

You should be able to make a back up of the brain files you were using. I should just take coping the folder of the brain onto a cd or several floppies. It should contain all the dynamic links to any files you had Hal read from to learn. The file you need are all of the *.brn in the brain folder and the *.uhp files for the brain your are working on. you should be able to find all of them in Hal's folder. make sure you recopy them back to their original place's after you reinstall hal. This should allow them to continue to work properly.

I hope this may of helped out let me know how it went. You can email me at morkeleb_2003@earthlink.net

Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 07:53:29 pm »
Completely un-installing Hal, re-booting, re-installing Hal, and re-booting did not help my runtime error (same error you all reported)... any other suggestions???