dupa

Author Topic: Hal Skins  (Read 10241 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Hal Skins
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 09:31:42 pm »
This is probably a cookie handling problem.
Check that Internet Explorer is accepting our cookies (look in the bottom right corner of the status bar and see if a padlock warning comes up).

If you get the padlock warning click on it and it will bring up a list of the offending cookie.  Click on ours and then manually change the setting so that Internet Explorer accepts our cookie in future).

We need to use this cookie to make the forum work correctly and this step is needed because we are redirecting to our new server, this means IE is possibly seeing it as a third party cookie and therefore sees it as a threat.  This is not a security threat or a tracking cookie and is only used to recognise users of our site.

Scratch

• View Profile
Hal Skins
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 10:57:07 pm »
I could not get registered at digitalgirl using either Firefox or IE with cookies set wide open (3rd party even) on the browsers and on McAfee Security. Finally gave up. Maybe someday the skin will be available from Zabaware?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Hal Skins
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 04:52:04 pm »
Thats weird, did the padlock show up?  You could also try adding it to your trusted sites or adding us to the sites that are allowed to send cookies.  It seems like what works for one PC won't always work for another, but I have used the previous solution to get in, so I can only suggest you try what I just mentioned or check that some other piece of software such as an adware blocker or firewall isn't blocking it.

Jeez, it's getting like you can't go on the net without a shotgun and a host of bodyguards these days.  Even so I don't recommend lowering your security setting just to get into one site, as you could easily forget to raise it again, and a lot of sites out there aren't as answerable as us.

I hope you can get in, if not maybe the skin can be posted here on Zaba.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Hal Skins
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 04:54:33 pm »
Sorry bout the bump but in answer to the above question about any special software for making skins the answer like Maviarab says is NO.

Just download a skin from the plugins section and take a look at the files (uhp) that accompany it, from that you can work out how to (re)position the buttons and how to name them.  The rest is taken care of by Hal.  In effect you are just repainting a skin, and the majority of the work is in the graphical side.  If you run into problems post on here and I'll try and help you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 04:59:15 pm by freddy888 »

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Hal Skins
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2005, 06:43:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Jeez, it's getting like you can't go on the net without a shotgun and a host of bodyguards these days.  Even so I don't recommend lowering your security setting just to get into one site, as you could easily forget to raise it again, and a lot of sites out there aren't as answerable as us.

Internet Explorer has a "trusted sites" feature that might help. Basically you can choose lowered security settings that apply only to trusted sites that you select. It's in the security settings screens somewhere. Other browsers might have similar alternatives too.

Hope this helps!

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
Hal Skins
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 09:26:34 am »
Hal9000 skin sent...hope you enjoy [8D]
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Scratch

• View Profile
Hal Skins
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 01:03:42 pm »
I tried again and was finally able to get registered at DG. Even with the IE6 privacy slider set to 0 (accept all cookies), and digitalgirl added to "allowed sites" in my security suite, I hadn't been able to get in. But when I completely *disabled* my McAfee Privacy service, I was able to get in at last! Not exactly safe surfing, but it was worth it to get the Hal9000 skin. Hope this info helps anyone that needs it.