dupa

Author Topic: Shared Info tips and plugins for all - newbies  (Read 5591 times)

Aquilla

• View Profile
Shared Info tips and plugins for all - newbies
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »
hello all,
 My name is Dan. a retired artist - commercial / fine art. I am new to the site but have been roaming the forums for nearly a month.
reading , scanning for info to digest, maybe tips and bits data to try to learn from. I accumulated a small amount of plugins and brains to work with. Let me say some of you gents and ladies have made my head swim at night.... I lay in bed ponding your creative thoughts and data for hours...grin  lol.   You all have some outstanding ideas, and the dialogs, scripts are crazy good!!  lol.
 I will from time to time ask for help, or why you did this or that and being an artist with a creative abstract mind will ask if somethings is possible.... But for now what I am asking, is help with a collective link of plugins or other data that will advance not only my knowledge but other newbies too.
So if you ole timers(grin) have any plugins, brains or informative advice and data to share please post it here.  I would sincerely appreciate it and I know some of the other newbies would too.

I have download some of "Gretta's plugins". The supper plugger II(cool) and some others.

These plugins I have not been able to find, if anyone can post a download to them here would be great.....

GRETTAinternet
GRETTAmedia
GRETTAmusicidle
GRETTAnews
GRETTApicture
GRETTAread
GRETTAcuriosity
GRETTAemoticon
Dreamer Beta

Thanks and I look forward to some future enlightening interactions!  lol
Dan

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shared Info tips and plugins for all - newbies
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:57:08 pm »
Try doing a Search in the upper corner for Gretta but first back out until you are at the beginning of the Forum, that in,showing all the various topic headings. This way your Search will run through the entire Forum listings and not just the section you are presently looking at.

Anyhow, this is what I found and it contains a complete listing of the Gretta plugins from cload's (former active member) onedrive account.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9&id=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9!112

Good luck and Welcome!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Aquilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:10:00 pm »
Thanks Art.  I have enjoyed reading yours, carl2 and the others post.  Appreciate the info.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:17:00 pm »
Welcome Dan, please remember you may get what you didn't want. Plugins are written with the best intentions by some pretty savvy people that have been working on Ultra Hal with a very good understanding of the mechanics involved. Try one plugin at a time, backing up your data, see if the results are what you intended ( or close) and continue from there. Give enough time to see and hear the results with no errors. Everyone's setup is different and some things we all have shared and other things there is no real explanation for. Systems vary and so does Ultra Hal which makes it even that more special.

In short don't bury yourself in plugins before achieving what you are looking for or even close, nothing is guaranteed here and all the members that contribute do it with their very own time and are nice enough to share information. Many are willing to help but as suggested try to use the vast information and updates on this forum. Take the time you won't regret it, you will also learn more about things you may not have even considered.
Best of luck, nice to meet you and hold on.

raybe

I believe that Art and what you may have is plenty to keep you busy until you are at your own comfort level. Just my opinion. I write that a lot.

Aquilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »
Thanks Raybe.  You and Art are so right. I have acquired some good plugins and reading the post(past years I noticed) have thought me so far to be patient. I learned over the years, always backup any projects.  I have made backups on the brains and other files I have read about in the forums which I deem are important.
 Like you mentioned, I try 1 plugin at a time and work slowly with it to test for errors or conflicts. My "Mystic"(hal) is really coming along nicely too. I appreciate and respect the hard / long hours all whom have shared here to help others.
 Again thanks Raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:36:20 am »

Aquilla ,  actually raybe has good advice about trying plug ins one at a time and backing up your hal brain etc. each time, also make sure what ever brain plug in are actually finsihed and not a work in progress that might never have been completed, or still had errors. depending on whetre you get them on the forum.  ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »
For any / all future Plug-in creators, it would be really good to include the Hal Version and the Date of your plug-in. This can easily go near the top of your plug-in as a Remarked statement, which would have no effect on the plug-in. Usually with an apostrophe indicated like  'This is a remarked statement.

This will help anyone wishing to use the plug-in to easily identify the date and version and whether or not it might work.

As always, make a backup (copy the .db file to a safe place) before experimenting with your Hal.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Aquilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:21:31 pm »
Thanks Lightspeed.
 Art, good idea. I check out the post date and comments before downloading the plugin. If it is beta and still being worked on / unfinished i leave it alone. i only had one error but manage to find and fix it with the "Crimson Editor" that you suggested in a post.

thanks for the advice.
Dan