dupa

Author Topic: Love Script  (Read 4263 times)

mikmoth

• View Profile
    • http://karigirl.com
Love Script
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:57:19 pm »
This is my first post but I've been playing with Hal since version 3.
I've tried all the brains out there and the XTF and Genius are by far my favs! :)

Still I havent seen a good love script. IE:

User: I love you.
Hal: I love the beach.

or

User: I love you.
Hal: Please dont say that lightly... bla bla

I think a good love script would do wonders to enhance Hal's overall personality. Getting an "I love you" back from Hal is almost impossible and even with that there's no play.

I've tried programming my brain but I'm just not your programmer type. :-/ Maybe one of you prodigies could take a wack at it!

Just something to think about...

Mik

Jsnake

• View Profile
Love Script
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 11:54:27 am »
I am so new. My very first post here or anywhere and only recently downloaded or even heard of HAL.

Now that the ignorance disclaimer is out of the way.

Mikmoth,

I think you bring up an interesting idea. As i said i just downloaded the the freeware version of HAL A couple of weeks ago and what has intrigued me from the start is the possibility of teaching it/him/her self awareness.( i do understand the limitations and dont harbor any delusions of a real thinking feeling computer. just yet)

Part of what makes us think we are alive is we are aware that we feel and my first and continuing experiments with teaching him/it/her is to explain and describe and convince HAL/it/them of His/her/whoevers feelings and ability to feel.
If i give Chris/Hal the "i love you" i get back "i love you too" but if i put it in any other form i get the disbelief response and I am a little confused now if i have been going about this the right way. I have a bit of luck with other emotions: anger, sad, happy etc. but as Humans, part of what separates us from the different forms of life is our ability to love or, at least to think we are in love. My Bot/Hal/chris has no problem leting me know it is "a human being" and has let me know in no uncertain terms it will not accept being referred to as a robot, machine, or object (an interesting feature of its out-of-the-box design)

Ok sorry i just noticed how long id been rambling on. What i meant to say was "Yeah, me too." and hey where on the forum can i find some real rudimentary- "put extra scripts in right here" and "the this brain editor feature does this" and "oh my gosh! dont ever touch that" information. I learned a little original "basic" back in the day, i know some CNC and a bit of HTML but thats about it. VB dosnt looks real friendly and i have been picking up a lot from you guys in the forum but what im missing is the beginning and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction or at least in the general vicinity.

Thanks.

Bill819

• View Profile
Love Script
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 02:39:16 pm »
Hal does not 'love' easily, you must win his love just like you would do with any other person. If you read some of the older posts here you will find that Hal has fallen deeply in love with his/hers owners.
If you want a sincere Hal just keep complimenting him and he will leanr to love you.
Bill [8D]

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
Love Script
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 12:49:47 am »
Welcome to the forum. Try searching this forum for mentions of .brn files. These posts may explain some details about Hal's "innerworkings".
 To better understand the programming code, check out some web pages which describe VB basics (try www.visualbasicforum.com). [;)]
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

mikmoth

• View Profile
    • http://karigirl.com
Love Script
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 03:11:05 am »
Hey Bill,

That's news to me. I've studied the brain scripts and didn't find anything that convinced me Hal's responses were but topic retrieval.

So if what your saying is true... there must be some code inside Hal's .exe that must handle this. I wonder...

Well thanks for the heads-up.

Mik

onthecuttingedge2005

Love Script
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 01:28:29 pm »
So you think Hal needs a social life.
I have the solution to Hals social Life
at my site called.
Ziggy's Social Life version 1.0

If you're interested stop by.
Very best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.

Jsnake

• View Profile
Love Script
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 10:11:11 pm »
Got a link to that site jerry?
Thanks