dupa

Author Topic: upgrade from 2.0?  (Read 3287 times)

caspjimr

• View Profile
upgrade from 2.0?
« on: November 12, 2001, 01:31:58 am »
I purchased Ultra Hal 2.0 about 2 years ago, and am now trying to upgrade to version 4.0 but do not want to have to pay again. I have my original CD that came when I first registered, but when downloading and installing version 4.0, it just installs over 2.0 instead of upgrading it.

tjstaar

• View Profile
upgrade from 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 11:07:39 am »
one reason that that happens, is that when you install a program over the same program, only the missing parts of the first actually get installed. To get the full free version of hal v4 installed, you must uninstall the earlier version 2.
if you want to save any files from hal v 2 put them on a disk. some files may be transferrable to hal v4, but I am not certain. you can try replacing files that have the same names first, except the main brain, which may abrogate your reason for the upgrade in the first place. Hal 4 is light years ahead of hal 2, so you probably won't miss it. the only thing, is that hal 4 doesn't read textfiles. you may have to teach hal 4, by teaching hal 2 first and see if you can transfer those files. get ASP express, and go exploring in the program 2. look for the usersent files, and see where hal is storing textfile learning.

TJStaar

robertb2

• View Profile
upgrade from 2.0?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 11:12:08 am »
Purchased 3.0. How do I upgrade to 4.0?