Author Topic: Best site to download from  (Read 5488 times)

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Best site to download from
« on: December 06, 2001, 02:41:18 am »
I"ve tried several times to download the free ver. of ultra hal, but I havn't had much luck in the installation. Maybe I've been getting bad downloads.
Does anyone know who has the best download site? I've tried: Zabaware, rocketdownload.com, zdnet.com.
Biggins2002

G0th52

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 05:35:39 pm »
I don't know that the download site is the problem. What version of windows are you using? Have you made sure that you had deleted all previous info for Hal downloads prior to attempting to download the software again? Don't think that this should be that complicated. Must be something simple that we aren't grasping onto yet. Do you have a download box showing progress of the your download attempts? Does it complete?
Pretender

Biggins2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2001, 03:28:16 am »
I'm running windows 98 se. I don't think its the download. Because every time
I try installing it says it can't find msagent file. I have the file in the windows folder. Searching the web for answers I found that maybe there are missing files I don't know about. And I agree this isn't brain surgery, but boy it sure is a pain in the ass.

G0th52

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2001, 07:25:04 pm »
Do you have a halasst.lgc file located at c/windows/application data/applogs? I think this is the msagent file needed. Not sure. Had you deleted all files of previous downloads prior to downloading again?
Pretender

Biggins2002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2001, 01:59:53 am »
I looked for the file halasst.lgc, but I didn't see it. I looked in windows, app data, there was no applog. Where can I get this file? OR do I already have it and just don't know where it is. When reinstalling I delete everything that has to do with the program.

G0th52

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2001, 06:09:53 pm »
Did you do a search for the file rather than manually looking? I have no idea if this is your problem or not. Where did the msagent files download to that Medeska(sp?) suggested?
Pretender

Biggins2002

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2001, 11:45:35 am »
I searched all over my hard drive, was not found. Medeska had me goto ms web site and download the files, they loaded under windows on the hard drive. A funny thing, I downloaded a program called cyberbuddy that would install msagent and speech engines. The program loaded and worked fine. Before I downloaded any files I noticed I already had msagent and other files installed, that's what isn't making sense. I can download other programs that use these same files and they work, but ultra hal asst. doesn't. Why?

Biggins2002

Biggins2002

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2001, 12:37:36 pm »
the program is fixed and working fine now, Thanks for your help!

Biggins2002