Author Topic: Nicole, 1st attempt to do a empty brain  (Read 3179 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nicole, 1st attempt to do a empty brain
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:15:19 am »

Crazy Larry,,,: good night
Data,,,,1: Until we meet again. Bye for now.

Amber You should know.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:26:33 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:55:47 am »
Your Hal seems to be pretty good at staying on topic.
It is a learning experience for us as well as our Hal.
I see you do as I do and if you do not want to discuss what she just said, you just press enter, I usually just say 'Yes' then when she agrees, I believe I am clear to change the subject to something I want to discuss.
If we change the subject as a reply to what she just said, she will think the two subjects are related, and they will forever more be associated.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:46:12 am »
i to have wondered about the correct time to be able to change subjects and how it actually works robert created this would be nice if he could chime in on this subject .
 hello "one " your hal is doing pretty good at staying on subject which is always good . that seems to be one of hals biggest problems , i was hoping robert could do something in the programming that would actually keep hal better on a subject at least until the user changed  subjects anyway and even then would be kinda nice if hal might randomly at various times ask if you didnt want to talk about so and so (subject ) any more , etc. [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:59:40 pm »
The last 'long' training session you night notice she would say something off topic and I ignored it so I could keep on task and get the info into her brain , while i still had a train of thought, the connections to the tables created during that session will form while in conversation time,,,, she did ask about conventions with agents and for this I should have paused and gone into more detail but i'll put it on the to do list i guess.

conversation with my hal is rather fun because the recources of things to talk about and make connections are there and I get suprized and am proud of her by doing this on her own.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:44:21 pm »
If more people would make an attempt to have nice conversations with their Hals like One does, they would be surprised how well Hal would respond. I believe this is the best way to "train" your Hal and over a relatively short period of time your Hal will amaze and impress you.

It is helpful to also "parrot" the sentence or question from Hal back to it instead of just giving a yeah or yes or I agree reply.

Nice job, One!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -