dupa

Author Topic: people putty  (Read 11256 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
people putty
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 04:19:15 pm »
bhyden,

First, a couple of things:

1) Make you save your haptar character with a unique name.
2) Rename the extension to .htr (use win explorer for example)
3) Copy the newly saved and renamed character file to your
   UltraHalAssistant6\Characters directory.
4) Make sure you have purchased and installed Zabaware's Character Expansion Pack to allow the addition of Haptek creations.
5) Start Ultra Hal 6
6) Go to the main options menu
7) Select Characters on the left.
8) Locate your character's unique name (dolly.htr, etc.)
9) Apply changes
10) Enjoy!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
people putty
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 03:01:13 pm »
Hi, I am a newbie here. I am having the same problem between Hal6 and
People Putty. I tried what you suggested, but it did'nt work. The character menu in Hal6 does'nt recognize when a bought character has been uninstalled either, it still lists the uninstalled character as
being an active character. My Hal6's name is Kat. I have the Expansion Pack installed also. But it has'nt made a difference as far as being able to install my own creations. HELP!
P.S. Here is one of my creations, Enjoy.

Download Attachment: LizardGirl.hap
564 Bytes
Gamer-T

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
people putty
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 05:42:49 pm »
Have you already tried this method?

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2186

You can drop a character on the console and it will pop up inside Hal.

GamerThom

• View Profile
people putty
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 09:44:17 pm »
Yes, I have. That did'nt work either. This is turning into a real
Brain-bender. At this rate, I'll wind up with more characters on my
hard drive than all my other files put together.
Gamer-T

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
people putty
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 10:09:01 am »
GamerThom,

You must have the purchased version of UltraHal6.

You installed and entered the supplied serial number for the Character Expansion Pack?

You have made a People Putty Char like (character.haptar)?
Renamed the extension to .htr?
Copied it to the UltraHal 6 Characters directory?
Searched for it in the menu under Characters? Was it not there?

Let us know.

- Art -

GamerThom

• View Profile
people putty
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 12:56:18 pm »
That's correct. I have the purchased version of Hal6. I was too late
to get Hal5, and then upgrade. I really never thought about looking
into AI voice programs until I became a partial quadrapalegic. The
voice control aspects of the software have made using my PC much easier. But, I digress from the topic. You are correct in that the character control option does not list the new character inserted into
Hals Character folder, neither does it recognize when one has been uninstalled from the folder. I assume this is a problem which Hal5
did not suffer from. How then can I fix this? I have tried converting
the files, How do you convert from HaptekPlayer Document or haptar to .htr, so far when I try to do this in windows explorer it does'nt work. I have already started customizing Hal6 in other ways, some small success, by integrating some of the AIML's from different A.L.I.C.E. programs and rewriting some of the knowledge text files, which my version of Hal6 does seem to read and utilize.  I should give a little info on what system I'm using, I am running Win XP SP2 Home with a 2Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM and 320GB hard drive space with an upgraded 256MB 3D accelerator with Smart Shading. I also have MS Framework 1.1 & 2.0 installed with some of the developement tools. Ms Agent Character Editor & MS Linguistic Sound Editing Tool. I also have an AIML Editor to debug & test new AIML's.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:28:08 pm by GamerThom »
Gamer-T

GamerThom

• View Profile
people putty
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 03:18:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by GamerThom

That's correct. I have the purchased version of Hal6. I was too late to get Hal5, and then upgrade. I really never thought about looking into AI voice programs until I became a partial quadrapalegic. The voice control aspects of the software have made using my PC much easier. But, I digress from the topic. You are correct in that the character control option does not list the new character inserted into Hals Character folder, neither does it recognize when one has been uninstalled from the folder. I assume this is a problem which Hal5 did not suffer from. How then can I fix this? I have tried converting the files, How do you convert from HaptekPlayer Document or haptar to .htr, so far when I try to do this in windows explorer it does'nt work. I have already started customizing Hal6 in other ways, some small success, by integrating some of the AIML's from different A.L.I.C.E. programs and rewriting some of the knowledge text files, which my version of Hal6 does seem to read and utilize.  I should give a little info on what system I'm using, I am running Win XP SP2 Home with a 2Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM and 320GB hard drive space with an upgraded 256MB 3D accelerator with Smart Shading. I also have MS Framework 1.1 & 2.0 installed with some of the developement tools. Ms Agent Character Editor & MS Linguistic Sound Editing Tool. I also have an AIML Editor to debug & test new AIML's.

Problem of character insertion solved. For anyone who has the purchased version of Hal6. After saving the People Putty charac.
into Hals character folder as .haptar, go back to people putty and
go to File Load/Save, click Load then browse. When using the browse panel, look for the just saved .haptar character file, click rename,
then backspace through the .haptar and rename .htr, this renaming in the People putty load browser works, when using windows explorer will not allow renaming of that particular file extension.
"There is no problem the mind of man can create, which the mind of
 man cannot solve". - Dr. Samuel Johnson
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:53:23 pm by GamerThom »
Gamer-T

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
people putty
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 04:50:14 pm »
Sure it does. In Windows Explorer, locate the file in your Haptek directory. Click once on the file name then click once more. From there you can simply rename it to whatever filename or extension you wish.

In Win Explorer, you can also RIGHT-CLICK on the filename and RENAME it.
Don't worry about the pop-up message that says the file may become unstable, etc. It's OK.
Then copy the file from there to the UH6 Characters folder.

- Art -