Author Topic: .WMV Files and Haptek/Hal  (Read 3661 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
.WMV Files and Haptek/Hal
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:50:46 pm »
I have received .wmv files from a couple of talented writers here in the forum. I've run into a problem with those files. Would anyone know why I am having problems running these video files on Windows Media player 10? I've selected all the ext's. in the options including .wmv. Yet it keeps telling me that the file may have been compressed differently and that I may need another codex. Anyone know which codex it's talking about. I'm guessing that the files were made using Haptek. If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
Hollywood

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:06:48 pm »
I have received the same files and they work fine with my Windows Media Player 10.  You could also import them into Windows Movie Maker and they would work.  (I tried it before recommending it to you.)

Smokey
Smokey

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 08:22:30 pm »
Thanks Smokey. I guess I had my head where I normally sit. After trying everything Like downloading Codec paks. and all. The light came on. For anyone else who may run into the same prob. Don't use a download program. It corrupts some downloads. Thanks again to all.
Hollywood

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:12:43 pm »
i want to thank everyone for their kind comments concerning my mini movies posted at digital girl. i was ask to post them here but i cannot upload those files here. please visit digital girl to see a sample of "opps i did it again". there is no sound on the sample, but the movies have sound. thanks ~~alady  
http://72.240.242.142/dg/
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....