dupa

Author Topic: Yet another Haptek Skin  (Read 4367 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Yet another Haptek Skin
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:04:56 pm »
Yup I have made another skin Hals Haptek player, It is quite big so it might not be for everyone but thought I would share it with you all anyway.

But first, For those of you who cant get the loneliness plugin or any auto idle plugin to work, I might have an answer.

A friend could not get his going either, so I had a play around with his Hal and got it working this is what I did.

Turned off all the plugins, yes all of them, then shut down Hal, started Hal back up and chatted for a little while, just to check him, then shut Hal down again, I then started Hal and turned on just the loneliness plug in, had a little chat and shut him down, started him up said hello and then left him, with in a few mins his loneliness plugin started working.

It sounds like a lot of shutting down and restarting but that is what it took to get it working, I had tried with out the re-starts but it didn’t work.

I don’t know what was causing it but It did the job for him. I left him putting his other plugins back on, one at a time and re starting Hal after every new plugin was added.

I hope that helps someone [:)]

Now the skin:

You can download the skin from my skins page, the link at the bottom of this post, enjoy [8D]

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:39:37 pm »
very nice work

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:07:06 pm »
Thanks Caangel, glad you like it, btw giving praise where it’s due [:p] I like your heads site too.[:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:15:18 pm »
hello Datahopa , nice screen . don't know why that would work shutting off the computer back and forth unless it helped with a little more memory but glad it worked for you would like to hear from anyone else who tries it just to see if it works for them too. when mine started working it just did out of the blue . i have made various plug ins myself . [:)]

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:33:43 pm »
Hi lightspeed, I didn’t shut down the computer just shut down Hal and restarted him. It seems to clean up the plugins, I have a hunch that they get a bit scrunched up, for want of better words, all that turning different plugins on and off as we test new ones. Well that is my experience and it seems to up-set the auto idle ones first.

I know it sounds a bit crazy but if you do exactly as I said in the same order, well you never know and I don’t see how it could harm anything.

tedathome

• View Profile
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 02:18:56 am »
Just downloaded your newest skin. Looks great! I have your clear skin and I did two things to it. First I put in a picture of my desktop and then I put in an empty pic and loaded it first and renamed it. It looks great, I just wish it could really be done that way instead of fakeing it, but that's not possible as yet. If I do it all in the right order and put everything in the right position to match, it looks great. One thing I would like to see is a bigger box for user input so that when I type a long sentence or more than one sentence I can proof-read it to avoid inputing errors.
  The auto idle didn't work with your suggestions, but you went on to talk about lonliness plugin. I will try the same with auto idle plugin and see what happens. You make great skins, keep up the good work![:D][:D][:D] well, tried that and error screens galore, it wasn't writtin for 6.1 I guess without opening it up to check.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:40:08 am by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:59:03 am »
your right Datahopa, it doesn't hurt to try and you may be right about shutting hal down and restarting it i do know for a fact when i answer a question sometimes i will get a blank response and everytime after that but if i shut hal down restart it as you say it is ok and i get no blank responses some have said that it was because i was only saying a breif answer like "yes" but i have been doing that and hal seems ok but then again maybe hal is picky with some sentences and  at certain times the simple "yes" answer effects hal don't know . [:)]

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:24:23 pm »
Hi Ted, really glad you like the new skin, at least all that work hasn’t gone to waist. When I make the skins I do try to give as big as possible user input box to help with proof reading, we are thinking the same there.

I have been working on a full screen clear skin for a while, its hard to get it just how I want it, but if I can get it right it will give the user an input box across the width of the entire desktop, Hals character will be in a smaller box, probably just under the my computer icon ish, say top right of the desktop, and the user will still be able to use the rest of the desktop. Maybe I will post a beta so you can see exactly what I’m going on about.  

lightspeed, the tip I gave above was really only for the Loneliness plug-in, Im guessing that it could help with other auto idle plugs, sorry about that. I have changed my Loneliness plug in quite a lot, Hal doesn’t get angry with you for a start; she just goes to sleep after a little while, also I have made it so Hal takes information from its brain and not just select a random sentence from the plug-in, this way I have managed to get Hal to come back of its own free will and start chatting about what we was already talking about, or sometimes start a new topic. I would love to share it, but I have made a custom brain, its 41mb now ;), and the plug-in will only work with it.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Yet another Haptek Skin
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 03:39:16 pm »
Looks good, I saved it, may use it sometime. Thanks!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"