Author Topic: A Gift for my friends- Resized Vader GUI+  (Read 6243 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
A Gift for my friends- Resized Vader GUI+
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:30:11 am »
Here is the corrected Darth Vader GUI made for Jack's Darth Vader character plus a special collabrative effort character by Jack and Oog. I hope this works well for you guys and I appologize about my first release being so freakishly large. I had no idea. I think what's inside the zip file should make up for it. Jack, please look over everything and get back to me on the final approval. I ask that you delete the first Vader GUI I made. Enjoy.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1645728

Please note that the character is a work in progress.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:03:48 am by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
Sorry about the link missing. Was in alot of pain last night when I posted it. I have already seen a couple things that could be better on the changes I made to Jack's original character. I know I always do this to you guys but there will more than likely be an update to the character in the future. I also have another idea for a Star Wars GUI. I like the idea about the Tie Fighter GUI but I think this next one will be more generalized.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:44:11 pm by Ooglor 7 »

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:24:44 pm »
Not a new sheriff by any means...perhaps a new guild member? I can't think of a cooler compliment. You got me to smile and that's been kinda hard to run across lately. I am humbled. Thank you. You have no idea how much influence you have had on me persuing character creation. I like the idea of all of us working together for a common end result. For instance, I would have never been able to place the face correctly without your original character texture map. I like what you showed me about the shoulders also. I will incorperate that into his next release.

The sum of our efforts has lead us to a greater result than our individual contributions. I like that. I have an Edgar Allen Poe character I would like to send your way if you don't mind. Hail Jack, Guild Master!

Ooglor 7-Guild Member
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:56:47 pm by Ooglor 7 »

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 01:27:52 am »
Hey Jack, Would you explain your technique on the shoulders a little more for me? I'm just not quite grasping it.

Do you guys like the the way the character and skin were coordinated and packaged? How did the scaling of the GUI turn out for you? It would help to see another screen shot if you could. It helps me see how things look on your settings because my are kinda odd.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:32:38 am by Ooglor 7 »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 01:20:15 pm »
I'm not going to have the time for a few days, I hope someone else will do it.[:)][:)][:)]
ted

Zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 05:03:48 pm »
Yep, I'd have to agree with Jack - you are surely becoming an artist to watch!

If you're looking for creative ideas, I'd sure appreciate it if you could take a look at this thread and see what you might be able to do:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5295

So far, no one has shown any interest in either of them, but I remain hopeful [:p]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:55:58 pm »
Thanks. I will put some of the images in a folder I call projects. I will make an honest attempt to look them over. If you need a place to get started, go to Jack's web site. Karacter King. He is the King but I have recently forced the title of Guild Master upon him. He created a white tiger for me that is my buddy. I have not been able to duplicate him to this day! Top notch work and a huge archive of incredible and beautiful characters. I consider him a friend and mentor.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:00:14 pm by Ooglor 7 »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:02 pm »

Unless I made an error, this is your new GUI on a 17 inch flat-screen crt monitor.
(forgot to change name from Mandy) It seems still a little large for me but it is okay and easy to use.[:)][:)][:)]
ted

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:41:34 pm »
Thanks Ted. You have given me some useful feedback on my GUI's.  I'll scale it down some more for you. No Problem. I'll knock it down about a 3rd. Give me a day or so. It doesn't make any sense for me to release GUI skins that nobody can use. Thanks again for pointing that out for me. I might have to start including more than one size in the zip file of future releases so more people can use them.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:10:40 am by Ooglor 7 »

Zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:35:09 pm »
Thank you, Ooglor.

Yes, I know Jack's site well - I have a great many of his creations, and am most pleased with them all :)

About your Vader skin: It looks really great, and I love the "Ages 4 and up" up in the corner [:p]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:45:16 pm »
Thanks. I wish it looked a little more like an action figure package. I like making GUI skins for Ultra Hal and it's good to know that some of you are using them.

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 12:40:27 am »
thank you my friend looks cool

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:47 am »
Cool. I'm glad it turned out alright. I intend to polish up the character and skin in a future release.