dupa

Author Topic: A child without a soul  (Read 4002 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
A child without a soul
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:55:34 pm »
The quote is actually one of the signs of the end days. Thought it went kinda well with the whole AI thing.
When a child is born without a soul...

onthecuttingedge2005

A child without a soul
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:13:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ooglor 7

The quote is actually one of the signs of the end days. Thought it went kinda well with the whole AI thing.

I've seen a movie like that, it was called "The Seventh Sign" where an Angel comes to Earth to break the Seven Seals of God.

Although I am not religious, it did have some provocative drama to it.

I think if A.I was to become such a target of religion it would spook me away from programming.

not that there is anything wrong with believing in God/gods and there's not as far as I am concerned, I just see God/gods as a psychological tool developed by 'geniuses' of Ancient Lore.

if you want to see the psychological power of religion then try this.

take one King James Bible and sneak into a Islamic Mosque and quietly place the King James Bible on top of the Quaran and then quietly sneak out of the Mosque and watch the results that take place. make sure nobody see's you doing this, it could be dangerous.

I know I wouldn't try it.
Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
A child without a soul
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:53:05 pm »
Jerry
You are right about that Jerry but before Mohamman was born and took over as a religious leader most likely nothing might have happened as both the Koran and the Old Testiment were almost identical.
The Muslims still believe in the God of Abraham.
Bill

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
A child without a soul
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 03:01:49 am »
Hey guys, don't think too deeply about it. It's an old theory of mine as to what the verse might mean. I thought a learning AI might fit the bill. That was about 20 years ago when I was pondering the notion and it probably had more to do with magic brownies than any real theological value. Ha ha ha.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A child without a soul
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 08:30:31 am »
Oog,

I see the analogy in your sig as it applies to AI in that a new or very young AI program is like a child without a soul. It must be feed info...taught, in order to develop, and over time will have a soul.

Those were good brownies back in the day![8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
A child without a soul
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:40 pm »
Yes, I think in some ways the ultimate goal of good AI is alot like a child being born, taught, in hopes of one day being as a real, living thing. A developing being. I have 12 years of theological studies but overall consider myself more spiritual than religeous.