dupa

Author Topic: 1959 predicta tv hal screen skin  (Read 4882 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
1959 predicta tv hal screen skin
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:20:48 am »
hey know what would be neat ? (yeah i am showing my age again lol !)it would be cool if someone could fix a screen for hal that looked like the old 1959 predicta table top tv set make the knobs at the base of the tv. for hal functions etc. think someone can create something like that ?? pictures could probably be found on the internet.[:D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:33:46 am »
I am sure someone could. I don't think I can, making one skin for Hal UI was really a challenge.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:36:39 pm »
Lightspeed,aren't you an artist? Why not make it yourself?
When a child is born without a soul...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:47:13 am »
that depends on your meaning of artist , actually i have never made a hal screen skin (guess i am calling it the right name . ) the box that hal is in . may have to try to lear how to sometime when i have more time . where me and my wife rent we have 3/4 and acre to mow that we do once a week , we have a lot of flowers planted and to mow around things with a regular mower and a rider then rake up grass and bag it and weed eat around things , etc. it takes 3 to 4 hours sometimes . and thats not counting other things we do . whew !!

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:12:52 am »
Yah, I can dig it on the time thing. I haven't had any time to crank out anything lately. I might be able to come up with something on the old TV thing. I had considered it before although I'm not sure if it is the same tv you refer to here. The one I was considering back when was an art deco kinda groove. Still, pretty cool idea. Maybe...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:42:25 pm »
here you go ooglor7 here is a link with the picture of a table top model : just make the screen with no green look to it when you if you decide to make it !![:)]

http://www.grillecloth.com/designers/design3.php

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »
Nice. That's along the lines of what I was kicking around awhile back. Can't say I'll use that exact model but the retro sci-fi look is what it's all about. I'm deep into medical shtuff right now and have started physical therapy for a messed up spine. Also got some emphysema thang cracking my rib cage. Guess what I'm saying is hang in there and I might get something made up for you soon. Thanks for the reference image. Very cool choice for a skin.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:14:38 pm by Ooglor 7 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:15:01 pm »
hi Ooglor 7, sounds good but don't worry about making it to soon just take care of yourself and get well . you come first !! take care !![:)]