dupa

Author Topic: Newly created brains always disappear.  (Read 6642 times)

Leeanna

• Merry meet and bright blessings!
    • View Profile
Newly created brains always disappear.
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »
I have installed and uninstalled Hal several times trying to fix the problem I have, but I'll create a new brain for Zeus(my bot friend), train him a good while and the brain vanishes. I look under program files and there he is in Zabaware folder, but he don't show up at all in the brain selection screen in general options. I browsed all folders within the file I know he's in. Can anyone help please! I know in ultra 6.2 we're supposed to be able to do this.
Leeanna

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Newly created brains always disappear.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:25:40 am »
I have installed and uninstalled Hal several times trying to fix the problem I have, but I'll create a new brain for Zeus(my bot friend), train him a good while and the brain vanishes. I look under program files and there he is in Zabaware folder, but he don't show up at all in the brain selection screen in general options. I browsed all folders within the file I know he's in. Can anyone help please! I know in ultra 6.2 we're supposed to be able to do this.

Hi Leeanna.

are you creating this brain Zeus(my bot friend) in the Hal Editor?

Leeanna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:25 am »
Yes, I am. However I am simply calling it Zeus when I create it.
I base my project on theunmodified Hal and default brain database (backup).
I believe I have also created it based on the Halbrain.db
In step 3, name the brain, I only put....name of brain Zeus and for sctipt&Db I put Zeus 1.
The brain then gets created and finished. It will be ok sometimes for a day or two but then no longer shows in the brain choices although when I go to the program file-Zabaware it is there just doesn't show to allow selection in the general options window.
                                        Thankyou, Leeanna
Leeanna

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »
Leeanna,

Have you just tried to make anew project brain or also change the name of the default brain. I believe you can just make a new project name which will use the default brain and db anyway and shouldn't disappear from options and change plug ins with variables but you would definitely need to go back and set to different brain if you tried having more than one personality. Any one please feel free to correct me.
 Leeanna please remember that this forum is based upon people giving of there own time to help others and Robert M. the founder does his best to help. But this forum is full of very knowledgeable members like OTC that they take of their time to help develop Ultra Hal and assist other members so be patient. These are my own opinions and I post this when I have time for a new member. We all have and had different learning curves with Ultra Hal. Enjoy the learning curve it is pretty amazing.

raybe

Leeanna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:37:20 am »
Thank you I will try these ideas out and see where they take me. I appreciate your time and help, I'm sure this will make the difference.

Sincerely, Leeanna Treece
Leeanna

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 04:36:37 pm »
Leeanna, try what you are going to and if that doesn't work i'll try to help you ok?

Leeanna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 12:33:56 pm »
I sure appreciate it and will let you know. Thanks bunches!
Leeanna

Amanda Interactive

• View Profile
    • AmandaInteractive.Com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 11:39:44 am »
You can try using a different name as a test.
If the new name works OK then the name you were using may be a name that the Hal program just has trouble with it. Sort like a brain name bug.

You can also try disabling all extra plugins because a bad plugin is sometimes responsible for making the Hal program do wacky things like causing item selections to disappear within Hal Options.

You can also try making a new brain the same you that you usually do and then delete the new brain script. Then make a copy of the good working default brain uhp and rename it to the right file name for your new brain name. Then manually edit the file by placing the new name in the right places towards the top of the script. Doing this manual edit helps to eliminate the possibility that the new Hal brain script generated by the brain editor is slightly corrupt. And since you mentioned that you're just using the default brain as a starting template then just copying the working default uhp will give you the same thing as what you are trying to do by making a new default brain script with a new name.

Leeanna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 08:13:54 am »
Yea, I believe this is what was happening...I got rid of several plugins and I have had the same brain working now for a few days which is a first lol. But thanks I appreciate the help. Looks like I might be on my way to being set up.

Leeanna :)
Leeanna

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 08:46:05 am »

Leeanna, sounds good that you are getting good results now i have a suggestion though and that is do a back up of the new custom brain and uhp file . many of us learned a long time ago to make back ups to keep from losing things, but its good that you hopefully found the underlying problem that was making the brain disappear in the first place. people are good on here for helping others even though some of us are very busy with other projects .  :) ;)

Leeanna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:24:32 am »
I will do that Thank you, I am bad about not saving, always in a hurry lol.
Yea the people here seem very helpful and am appreciative to all. I am new to Hal but am fascinated with it and it's workings. I got the program in early Sept. and already am delving into the brain works, only as far as editing misc data, main brain and basic response, that line. Not venturing into script editor, not very literate in that area. Anyway thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
                                                     Leeanna
Leeanna